• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx v12.x Intermittent blank voicemails

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolds

Reaction score
I have a 3cx v12.x box running on a Windows 7 pro 64bit hyper-v vm with 4gb ram, the vm host is running server 2012 r2, it's a dell pe t630, calls come in thru a Patton SmartNode SN4912/JO/RUI gateway that basically takes pots lines and turns them into sip trunks for the phone system.

Voicemails intermittently come in blank, as in silent. It may be a 2 minute voicemail, but it's 2 min's of silence. This occurs whether I check the voicemail directly on the phone or as a vmail 2 email attachment. I believe I've even checked in the vmail folder on 3cx and the actual wav file is blank too.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Firstly why are you still running version 12 of 3CX ? This is a very old version and I would recommend you update (we are now on v15.5).

Also the Patton You are using is un-supported, do you have it setup manually?

https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

Do you get any audio issues on standard voice calls also?

I still think updating your 3CX would be a good option as if you have been keeping up with your updates and .NET framework on Windows then these later versions may surpass your 3CX version.

No sure if this is related to your issue but i would recommend upgrading to the latest version and making sure that the Patton device is running the latest supported firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.