• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

post hangup destination on queues

tratz

Premier Customer
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a post hangup destination setup on queues. We are looking to rollout a survey to our customers after speaking in a queue and would rather have the system automatically send the call to the survey versus reminding the staff to hit a BLF key or have the agent send the call to the survey.

Reactions: VictorSP and uit
Upvote 59
So many call flow features but that's missing to allow to do "something" with the call after the agent hung up.
+1

By programming concept every sequence must have a start and reach an end, if not the programming would stop being structured as happens in this case, where the flow of the call never reaches the end, but its end occurs once the call Is transferred to any destination (queue, extension). This emphatically limits the possibilities of process control for us developers (reminds me of old times with basic language).

+1 for this feature

and another upvote

and another upvote

Plus one vote
it could be a wrap up code
*99 to send a survey
*98 to record that the call was a customer order
*97 a technical query

+1 Vote for this, exactly what my company is looking for

I don't see how that would be possible if either party hangs up. Remember 3CX is a SIP complaint phone system. If a phone hangs up, that's going to send a Bye to 3CX and the call will be dropped. I've put considerable thought to this question specifically because we have a Post Call Survey add-on for 3CX, and I would love the ability for the agent to hang up and have the call automatically transfer to a survey (CFD) extension. I just don't think this is possible with 3CX.

I see a couple of ways that you could automate this process. tratz has already mentioned the BLF to CFD option. With our survey add-on we provide a web portal that the agent uses to select a survey from a list of surveys. When the agent selects the survey, the active call is immediately transferred to the correct extension, and the agent is free to take the next call. If you have a customizable CRM, you could do much the same thing using our HTTP API.

I simply don't believe it is possible (today) to have the agent hang up and have the call automatically transferred to an extension. The call will be dropped the instant the agent hangs up.

I have an idea for survey but that is not great,

with CFD i could design the survey and register rating in my website.

survey.png
But we need an action with CFD after Transfer Call user forward to this component.

can we create new Extension for Survey Component and after end of call, forward user to Survey component ?

i think about it if this action would be possible, the call center after call, will transfer user to Survey.

Reactions: OleAndreas
Upvote for this feature

As an update, we have modified our survey tool. An inbound call is sent to a CFD that asks if the caller would be agreeable to receiving a phone call after their call has completed. If yes, we flag them for a call back after the call, then we monitor the calls for the disconnect. When the call is completed, we immediately call them back at the requested phone number. That's as close as you can get with 3CX.

As an update, we have modified our survey tool. An inbound call is sent to a CFD that asks if the caller would be agreeable to receiving a phone call after their call has completed. If yes, we flag them for a call back after the call, then we monitor the calls for the disconnect. When the call is completed, we immediately call them back at the requested phone number. That's as close as you can get with 3CX.

Would be nice if the CFD could process a command and wait - even on a transferred call. Like camp out during the agents call.

1) Incoming call to CFD
2) CFD Transfers the call to agent and "WAITS"
3) Upon disconnect, flow continues.

Seems like right now the CFD Transfers the call and thats it. Game over.

There is an "on disconnect" event you can capture, but that's an immediate event. You are right, the CFD doesn't have the ability to follow the call once it has been transferred from the CFD. But in this case, that wouldn't help because the caller has disconnected and there is no way to ignore the "bye" and transfer the call to the survey. The only options are to either (1) have the agent transfer the call to the survey, or (2) call the back. I don't see any other options.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.