• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

T48G does not show as new phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

James T

Reaction score
I tried changing an extension so I deleted 100, and added 110. The phone would not show up as new to assign the extension so I factory reset the phone and now it is not provisioning. I tried entering the url and manually provisioning it and it does not take. Any suggestions on how to have this phone show up in the phone tab?

Not sure if this is related, I updated 2 BLF's on a T46G, and the phone updated, but now it is not connecting and it just shows as a new phone. I try to assign an extension, but it says it is already assigned to 101 (which is what extension it should be).

There are several reasons why the T48 might not show up as a new phone.

1. When the phone boots up it broadcasts out on the network, " I am here". 3CX is listening for these broadcasts. But most switches don't propagate broadcasts like this to other switches, so if your 3CX server is in one switch, and your phone is in another, the 3CX server will never see the broadcast.

2. The other possibility is that your DHCP option 66 is not set, or is set incorrectly for your current provisioning URL. Set your DHCP server to push option 66 to DHCP devices. If you are using Windows as your DHCP server, you may want to restart the service to ensure the changes are propagated to your network. Then reboot your phone.

3. If it still doesn't show up, then go to your extension, add the MAC address and phone model under "Phone Provisioning" and reboot the phone.

4. The last option left, that I can think of at the moment, and this should be a last resort, is to login to the web interface of the phone and put the phone provisioning link there, being sure to also configure the phone to get updates on reboot.

For the T46G:

In the 3CX management console, go into the old extension and remove the MAC address and phone model in the "Phone Provisioning" tab. Then you should be able to assign the T46 to the new extension.

Check the Blacklisted IP's. The IP for that phone might be there as when you experimented with the extension it could no longer authenticate. After so many authentication failures, the IP gets blacklisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinalsa
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.