• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Route calls per weekday on 1 trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

revilo951

Customer
Reaction score
Is it possible to set incoming calls on a trunk to be routed to a different extension per day of the week? EG on Sat-Wed, route to extension 201, on Thur-Fri, route to extension 202.

@revilo951 ,
You may set the working hours and out of office hours to have different behaviours on different days / hours of the day.

This way during working hours one extension / ring group / queue will ring and during out of the office hours the other one will ring.

Hope you succeed, best luck!

Assuming your office hours are different than the need to route the calls to different extensions, you could write a CFD application that looks that the day of the week and transfers calls appropriately. On your inbound rule, transfer the call to the CFD, then the CFD will transfer to the appropriate extension. It will be fast enough that your caller will never know.

@daktur Thanks, that will work, except I cannot choose a different VM box for after hours. It's what I'm doing ATM.

@voiptoys I looked at using CFD, but I know no C# - would it be difficult to do?

Would it be difficult to build a routing CFD? I don't think so. Conceptually, it's VERY simple. In the designer add a "Date & Time condition" and add as many conditions as you need. Next, add a transfer component to each condition (pointing to the correct extension). I think that's all there is to it. I don't think you even need any C# code. You should be able to do everything right in the designer.

Now, if you want to add some flexibility, for example, lookup the desired transfer extensions rather than hard-code the values, that's easy enough too. You could store these values in a database or text file. That gets a tiny more complicated, but this should be about as simple as it gets.

OK, where's a good place to start learning about CFD?

Thanks, that looks good. We have a Pro licence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.