• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco 504g Config files not be created

Status
Not open for further replies.

monarch1

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
We are using Cisco 504g phones with V15.5 SP2 Windows at one particular client. It appears that after trying to create or modify, the actual configuration XML file is never created in the provisioning folder. I tried this on our test server and it has the same behavior. Any ideas?

Thanks

Yes, I've followed the steps in provisioning guide.

Not sure what you mean, the provisioning XML file for the phone, where does it come from?

In the latest versions of 3CX (V15+), config files that used to be located in the provisioning folder are no longer used. 3CX now uses on-the-fly provisioning so that when a provision request is pushed or requested, the config is sent to the phone based upon the provisioning template selected for the phone, the system variable and phone variables for that extension. It is generated and sent, but no file is created and stored as was the case in earlier versions.

That's interesting. If I factory reset the phone and know there is full network connectivity between the phone and the PBX, any idea why the phone will not provision? The phone is on a different subnet, but again there is full connectivity between both devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.