• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3cx FQDN is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

benratty

Forum User
Reaction score
Our 3CX FQDN is not working this morning, only for one of our systems this has happened. I have tried releasing it and restoring from backup and it appears in the customer portal and I can browse to the PBX via IP address but the .3cx.co.uk FQDn just will not resolve.

Hi benratty ,

What is the status of the licence key and maintenance? I am assuming you are using a 3CX FQDN.

What happens when you nslookup your FQDN does it resolve correctly?

They are OK we only bought them very recently. If you nslookup the FQDN it comes up with the wrong external IP address but the 3CX customer portal has the correct address.

Both external/public IP addresses are ours, I have released the address in the customer portal this morning and restored from back. Customer portal now shows the correct FQDN and IP but again it still resolves via nslookup incorrectly.

Hi benratty,

After releasing the FQDN, did you re install the PBX using a backup (which should not contain License Key information and FQDN)?

I would check your internet provider has not changed your public IP address unknowingly.

On the 3CX server bring up a web browser and "what is my IP address " in Google just to be sure.

No IP address has not changed, the IP address showing in nslookup is our main internet connection and different ISP to the one we use which is dedicated to the 3CX PBX.

If I lookup the FQDN in MXtoolbox the correct address is resolved, also we use Monitis to monitor our servers including 3CX systems and that is resolving by FQDN and can see the phone system.

I didnt reinstall, just restored from backup, yes probably did contain license key information.

We now think we have identified the problem, we setup a backup PC for 3CX on Friday which was just a Debian install of 3CX designed to be just to be backup hardware to restore to if needed.

A backup had been restored to this PC as a test however the backup device was sitting on the wrong subnet and therefore wrong internet connection and I suspect that restore on Friday has changed the public IP although this PC has been switched off since Friday.

How do I now get the correct public IP as it shows correct in customer portal and some DNS servers are resolving since the restore earlier but others are not.

I will maybe leave this until the morning to see if this propagates?

Please navigate to Settings / Network ans set the option "External IP Configuration" to Dynamic Public IP. Then restart 3CX services. Wait until the DNS propagation takes place and then set it back to static

Please navigate to Settings / Network ans set the option "External IP Configuration" to Dynamic Public IP. Then restart 3CX services. Wait until the DNS propagation takes place and then set it back to static

If the Maintance license is over you can't use the 3CX FQDN and SMTP anymore am i right?
Can we extend the license if needed or ?

Thanks, after restoring the backup and waiting for propagation the issue is resolved and the FQDN is resolving.

If the Maintance license is over you can't use the 3CX FQDN and SMTP anymore am i right?
Can we extend the license if needed or ?
Maintenance is still valid til Jan 2019 but see update this is resolved now.

Glad to hear your issue was resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.