• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Unable to add BLF for T46G with sidecar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doberman_Tech

Reaction score
Guys,
I am trying to add more speed dial buttons to a phone system that we recently took over using T46G phones. Doesn't matter what type of button I am trying to add this is the error I am getting:
d__12.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__10.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContext context)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__14.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.d__22.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Rethrow(ResourceExecutedContext context)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.d__17.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.d__15.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.d__4.MoveNext()
at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.d__3.MoveNext()" class="ng-scope" style="box-sizing: border-box; overflow: scroll; font-family: Menlo, Monaco, Consolas, "Courier New", monospace; font-size: 13px; padding: 9.5px; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; line-height: 1.42857; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); word-break: break-all; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(237, 241, 242); border: 1px solid rgb(222, 229, 231); border-radius: 4px; height: 400px;">System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TCX.Configuration.Templates.LocalPhoneDevice.SetDynamicOptionValue(BaseOption option, Object value)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgTemplateInfo.SetPhoneVlanInfo(PhoneDeviceVlanType type, LocalPhoneDevice phoneDevice, PhoneDeviceVlanInfo info)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgTemplateInfo.SaveInfoToPhoneDevice(PhoneDeviceInfo info, PhoneDevice phoneDevice, Extension extension)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.PhoneDeviceInfoExtension.SetPhoneDeviceInfos(Extension ex, PhoneDeviceInfo[] infos, ICfgTemplateInfoProvider templateInfoProvider)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgExtensionEditor.Serialize_AfterSerialize(Object sender, SerializeEventArgs e)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.PropertySerializer.FireAfterSerialize(ICfgItemInternal cfgItem, Boolean save)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.PropertySerializer.Serialize(ICfgItemInternal cfgItem, SerializeParameters serializeParameters)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgItemBase.Save()
at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Editor.Save()
at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.EditorService.SaveActiveObject(Int32 id)
at ManagementConsoleJS.Controllers.EditController.Save(Int32 id)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__12.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContext context)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Rethrow(ResourceExecutedContext context)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.d__3.MoveNext()

is this a new extension or one that was there before an upgrade and now updating? I have run into small issues from time to time and had to delete an extension and re-add it. However - NOTE WELL - be sure they do not have any saved voicemails as you will lose them.

Hello @Doberman_Tech

Do you get this error only when you are trying to add speed dial buttons or any time you try to edit the extension? Is this happening to only one extension or multiple?
Make sure the phone is running the supported firmware and that the default template is used. If there are any custom templates try to move them out of the folder and try again after you restart the management console service. Custom templates can be found here (windows)
C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\xxxxxxxxxx\CustomTemplates

This is happening on all extensions and when trying to add any buttons. The odd part with the phones is they are running 28.82.0.31 which when I check the yealink website isn't even on there for download and this is not a new system its about 2 years old. I haven't checked for custom templates yet however

You seem to be running a newer firmware that the supported. You can find the supported firmware for your phones here: https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/
Also check for custom templates and let us know if that solves your issue.

Okay so I rolled back the firmware on one of the unused phones to a supported firmware. I still can not add buttons and another odd thing is I can not change the password for their web portal users. I get the exact same error. Anyone got any ideas?

I also pulled the config file from the phone and the provisioning doesn't point to any custom templates. I'm kinda at a loss of for what could be going on

Did you check your custom templates folder? Is there a custom template for these phones? The reason i am asking is that we have seen some cases where the default template had the same user agent for the phones as the custom template and although you are selecting the default template for phone provisioning the PBX detects 2 templates. This can cause the error you are seeing.

Reactions: apostolis_3CX
Sorry for the delayed response. I see 3 custom templates in the folder.

Last edited:
I guess my question at this point what is the easiest way to remedy this without completely blowing away phones and rebuilding?

As a first step copy all custom templates out of the folder and restart the management console service. Then try to edit an extension and see if the error goes away. If you are using the default templates no further changes are needed.

So just so I understand this correctly copy the files and put them somewhere else then delete the custom templates from that folder and reboot before trying to edit the buttons?

Yes, and once you deleted the files restart the management console service

Okay I will get a time scheduled to try this and report back on my findings

I got the exact same thing after the last Service Pack update 15.5 SP4.

The odd thing I noticed after rebooting the system was it said I was using a Custom Template. It didn't say that before I restarted it ... and No, I've been using the 3cx default template since 2015. Some how 3cx found a template from 2014! I didn't even use Yealink phones back then. I deleted the offending template, removed the yealink phone from the effected extension and putting it back. I could then open, edit and save again.

Guys,
I am trying to add more speed dial buttons to a phone system that we recently took over using T46G phones. Doesn't matter what type of button I am trying to add this is the error I am getting:
d__12.MoveNext()
at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.d__3.MoveNext()" class="ng-scope" style="box-sizing: border-box; overflow: scroll; font-family: Menlo, Monaco, Consolas, "Courier New", monospace; font-size: 13px; padding: 9.5px; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; line-height: 1.42857; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); word-break: break-all; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(237, 241, 242); border: 1px solid rgb(222, 229, 231); border-radius: 4px; height: 400px;">System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TCX.Configuration.Templates.LocalPhoneDevice.SetDynamicOptionValue(BaseOption option, Object value)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgTemplateInfo.SetPhoneVlanInfo(PhoneDeviceVlanType type, LocalPhoneDevice phoneDevice, PhoneDeviceVlanInfo info)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgTemplateInfo.SaveInfoToPhoneDevice(PhoneDeviceInfo info, PhoneDevice phoneDevice, Extension extension)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.PhoneDeviceInfoExtension.SetPhoneDeviceInfos(Extension ex, PhoneDeviceInfo[] infos, ICfgTemplateInfoProvider templateInfoProvider)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgExtensionEditor.Serialize_AfterSerialize(Object sender, SerializeEventArgs e)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.PropertySerializer.FireAfterSerialize(ICfgItemInternal cfgItem, Boolean save)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.PropertySerializer.Serialize(ICfgItemInternal cfgItem, SerializeParameters serializeParameters)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgItemBase.Save()
at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Editor.Save()
at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.EditorService.SaveActiveObject(Int32 id)
at ManagementConsoleJS.Controllers.EditController.Save(Int32 id)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__12.MoveNext()
at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.d__3.MoveNext()

So over the weekend I was able to remove the custom templates and reboot the management console. I was then able to add buttons to the phones.

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.