• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Improvements To Call Queues

Andrew Mathieson-Blakely

Silver Partner
Reaction score
It would be great to see 3CX treat a call queue just as that a queue which will queue up calls regardless you have agents logged into the queue or not. Using a dummy extension isn't good enough because it affects the order in which calls are answered and adds calls to missed calls.

3CX is the only system which will not allow calls to be placed into a queue unless there is an agent logged in which really goes against what a queue is all about.

I have a large call centre in Australia just about to roll out 3CX and this is causing an issue at present and is holding up sign off on the opportunity.

Upvote 17
I fully agree with Andrew.
Using virtual agent makes no sense... just more things to configure.
Aslo using scenario with Call Flow Designer to check before forwarding to queue is there any logged agent is too complicated.

Queues should be accessable even when agents are not logged in.

Simple example is that in my case agents log-out when they have break or need to ask support for help... this makes possible situation that there is no agent logged in during work hours.

Reactions: nitrox
I also agree with Andrew,

there are many call center basic features need to be added to 3CX Call Center like:
1- Break time for agents
2- Calls answered automatically
3- Agents login using a username not an extension number because:
3.a- large call centers have a high agents turnover, so extension number isn't a good way to login
3.b- the PCs used for agents has a one login account for any agent, so we need Hot Desking feature for 3CX client, in addition to login using username
4- Customized status for agents like: out for meeting, maintenance, etc,
5- A report that shows the time of each status for each agent

Are there any news about call queues without logged agents?
It is critical for one of my projects.

I know having a "dummy" extension as a queue agent is a workaround - but it does work... not sure why this change would be critical - what is preventing you implementing queues using this workaround out of interest?

Personally, I find the 3cx queue way to restrictive for use outside of a call centre. It polls free agents too quickly, in a busy call centre it's virtually impossible to logoff a queue using the phone rather than the Windows client as the time between declining a call and being re-polled is so brief.

The problem with "dummy" extension is that when You use other ringing strategy than "ring all" it gives You extra delay.
For example my customer demands very long ringing time - 60 seconds. When we use "Least Talk Time" or "Fewest Answered" it gives extra 60 seconds of delay for every incomming call.

Additional thing. At this moment they are using PBX that allows to open queues from 9am to 5pm. Even if there is no agent in it outside calls can be queued and will wait until any agent logs in.

Hi all,

I was also having the same issue and solved it.

Creating dummy extension is not a good way, I just created Queue1 which will monitor any agents are logged in Queue2(Actual Queue). Queue1 will transfer call to Queue when an agent logged in or it will plays hold music until any agents is logged in Queue2.

Its done by a CFD with custom c# program.
For any help, Email me at [email protected]

Interesting and good solution :) but... there is a little problem with my current project.

In my project there is possibility of situation that we have calls still waiting in queue and all agents will log out. In this case all calls from queue will be dropped.

Hi @plochu

"In my project there is possibility of situation that we have calls still waiting in queue and all agents will log out. In this case all calls from queue will be dropped."

Actually, if any single agent is logged in, the call will wait in queue. There is no issue at all. My solution is for your scenario, All calls will stay in queue if none of the agents are logged in.

But the problem is when calls are waiting in target (not "checker" queue) and all agents will log out... calls from this queue will be dropped.

Question to 3CX Team... any moves in this topic?

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.