• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Anyone got Google VPN working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Harvey

Reaction score
Client is behind a Draytek 2860 and the 3cx is in Google Cloud; I got a direct L2TP working to the host but as soon as it connected it started pulling down the 3CX services, so I disabled it. Anyone got Google VPN working the right way (ie via their VPN gateway)?

Why not just use an SBC on RPi?

Why not just use an SBC on RPi?
Because I asked 3CX support if this would work and they refused an answer as the N300 is an unsupported device! Do you know if there is any way of testing the Pi SBC other than trying to use it?

The N300 router? OK, but just because 3CX support does not support a router/firewall doesn't mean you can't get it to work with the correct configuration. How many devices are you trying to get connected to your 3CX cloud instance?

No sorry - it's the N300 DECT base station that does SIP and PSTN - an excellent micro office solution. The remote router is a Draytek 2860, and I am damned of I can get that to connect to the gateway at GCP, as opposed to the host itself

Why not manually set the sip settings in the N300 to point to the SBC? I'm not familiar with the N300, but I assume you can set SIP Server, Outbound Proxy, SIP User ID, Authenticate ID, Authenticate Password, etc?

T
Why not manually set the sip settings in the N300 to point to the SBC? I'm not familiar with the N300, but I assume you can set SIP Server, Outbound Proxy, SIP User ID, Authenticate ID, Authenticate Password, etc?

TBH I didn't know that one could do that! I did ask 3CX support but they declined to reply as it was an unsupported device

Do you have an SBC at this premises?

Do you have an SBC at this premises?
Yes, but I haven't been able to test it yet. Is there any way to check the SBC connection before I use it in anger?

Not really, the easiest way I find to test it is to deploy a set or program a set to use it and see if it shows up in the phones tab. Here's what I would do:

1. Install / Program the RPi for 3cxsbc to your cloud server (pretty self explanitory, just needs FQDN, public IP, and tunnel password).

2. Program the Gigaset N300 using the cloud PBX FQDN as the SIP server and the IP of the SBC as the Outbound Proxy

3. Test the phone using *777 for an echo test (this tests audio both ways).

If you need help, feel free to private message me.

Not really, the easiest way I find to test it is to deploy a set or program a set to use it and see if it shows up in the phones tab. Here's what I would do:

1. Install / Program the RPi for 3cxsbc to your cloud server (pretty self explanitory, just needs FQDN, public IP, and tunnel password).

2. Program the Gigaset N300 using the cloud PBX FQDN as the SIP server and the IP of the SBC as the Outbound Proxy

3. Test the phone using *777 for an echo test (this tests audio both ways).

If you need help, feel free to private message me.
Many thanks; will try when on site later in the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.