• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Gigaset N300i to cloud 3cx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Harvey

Reaction score
I have a new install with mainly 3CX Win clients, but one Gigaset N300i running 2 DECT handsets. Customer needs the N300i as it provides the SIP fallover ringer.

Both the extensions go up and down many times a day. I'm trying to work out a VPN to the Google Cloud 3CX, but in the meanwhile is there any other way of making this more stable? SBC seems to be largely undocumented, so I cannot play with that option.

Thanks

That' because Gigaset aren't supported for connections via SBC only VPN.

If you want to use these with the SBC you could manually point the SIP registrar at the SBC for registration.

Either way if using anything Gigaset to the cloud you need to tunnel the connection as these devices are not very security concious about the way they send their credentials.

I'm going out on a limb and assuming that the menu/GUI/options in that Gigaset are similar to the North American variant DECT/VoIP base station. If that's IS the case, then they should support STUN and have many of the same options to allow stable operation with or without the SBC.

However, without VPN or an SBC, you may still experience one way audio if you programme more than one extension into the base. This will depend on how your router handles the audio packets.

You describe the sets as going down many time a day, this is obviously not normal and you really need to determine why this is happening. Is there a pattern, time of day, after a given time-out? Use the 3CX Activity Log, or perhaps Wireshark, as there may be something else going on besides incorrect options. The fact that it registers, suggests that the majority of settings are correct.

I have 5 of the Gigaset base stations, and locally, at least, they have never caused a problem.

I'm going out on a limb and assuming that the menu/GUI/options in that Gigaset are similar to the North American variant DECT/VoIP base station. If that's IS the case, then they should support STUN and have many of the same options to allow stable operation with or without the SBC.

However, without VPN or an SBC, you may still experience one way audio if you programme more than one extension into the base. This will depend on how your router handles the audio packets.

You describe the sets as going down many time a day, this is obviously not normal and you really need to determine why this is happening. Is there a pattern, time of day, after a given time-out? Use the 3CX Activity Log, or perhaps Wireshark, as there may be something else going on besides incorrect options. The fact that it registers, suggests that the majority of settings are correct.

I have 5 of the Gigaset base stations, and locally, at least, they have never caused a problem.

Leejor, are they extensions to a remote 3CX or a local one? Mine are remote

That' because Gigaset aren't supported for connections via SBC only VPN.

If you want to use these with the SBC you could manually point the SIP registrar at the SBC for registration.

Either way if using anything Gigaset to the cloud you need to tunnel the connection as these devices are not very security concious about the way they send their credentials.

So all I would need to do is to change the N300 setting from the FQDN of the remote 3CX to the local IP of the SBC? (assuming my SBC setup was good!)

Mine are local, but I've use many devices remotely to my 3CX setup. The Gigaset seem to provide all of the options needed to do STUN IF I were to install the Gigaset remote to the PBX. As I said, the issue that comes up most often, when doing this without VPN or an SBC is one-way audio when more than one extension is used at the same location. In many cases, using PBX Delivers Audio, in the extension setting can help with this.

You seem to be having an issue that is (perhaps?) network related, or, the Gigaset is not re-registering often enough. You need to figure out what is causing it to stop communicating/dropping.

I've not ever used Gigaset but have used other third party products like Gateway's and un-supported DECT bases and it' worked fine.

Put it this way theres nothing set on the SBC that will block third party traffic.

You just can't take advantage of plug and play provisioning with the SBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.