• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Unable to retrieve contacts created on 3cx using cisco spa 502G phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mropoku

Free User
Reaction score
I am unable to retrieve contacts created on 3CX phone system using cisco spa 502G phone. the phones have been properly provisioned and working okay.
Cisco spa 502G firmware version 7.6.1. Am using 3cx V15.5. Some assistance and guide will be much appreciated

Hello @mropoku

Please note that since the phone was correctly provisioned the phonebook should have been retrieved as well as it is retrieved during provisioning.
With that in mind, are the phones local to the PBX? Are the phones provisioned using the guide or are manually configured?
If you click on the dir button on the phone and navigate to 3CX phone book, is that empty?

If i click on the dir button on the phone and navigate to 3CX phone book, is says "Request failed"
The phones are local to the PBX, they are provisioned using the guide.
Note that when i open the xml file (cisco_phonebook) in the 3CX installed directory, the contacts are there. Could it be because the contacts are many?

then you have to many contacts. Sorry but Cisco SPA phones can only deal with phone books up to a size X, 1 byte over and the request fails. For a test, can you just leave 1 contact and request it.

I can not recall 100% anymore what the FILEsize max was 1024b or 512b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.