• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

First install - need some pointers please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbrown100

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am getting ready for my first install. I have 8 branches, 6 with a single person 2 with two people in them. I then have a head office with 8 people in it. All branches have single line T19P phones. I need to do the following:

Daytime:

1. DDI Number ringing an extension in each branch or where two people both phones in a group
2. On x rings unanswered divert to head office
3. If user on phone, give them ability to pick up second call
4. Allow user to manually divert all calls (including group) to head office at any time without web page.
5. Allow a manager to see / manipulate this divert status.

Evening:

Calls to entire estate diverted to Head Office which then diverts to a BT Smart Divert number which is set to emergency mobile (This is because they need emergency mobile to be able to change divert using status using touchtone which I doubt can be done from 3CX???)

So far I have:

1. Easy, create a ring group for each branch and include 1 or 2 extensions as appropriate
2. Easy on call group
3. ??? Some talk of enabling "allowusebusyoptforgroup" but load of comments it breaks things?
4. No idea, fine as single extension but I need one set of rules / instructions for all so need to do it to the group so everyone follows the same instructions no matter what branch they're in.
5. I guess they just do as per 4 and I give them admin?
Evening: Divert main hunt group to smart divert same procedure as number 4 I guess.

If 3 is not possible, could I replace all phones with 2 lines and then simply set up a second extension number in the group?

Thanks

Graham

Hello @gbrown100

Daytime:

1. DDI Number ringing an extension in each branch or where two people both phones in a group
  • Although easily done with Ring groups i would recommend using Queues for additional functionality that will also help with other points further down.
  • Set a timer of your choosing.
  • A queue will give the ability to the caller to wait until an agent is available.
4. Allow user to manually divert all calls (including group) to head office at any time without web page.
  • Using a queue you could have the agents log out and the calls will be automatically forwarded to the destination of no answer of the Queue.
  • A manager with a 3CX client or web client could log an agent in or out thus controlling the diversion but for the destination he will access to the management console.

Evening:

Calls to entire estate diverted to Head Office which then diverts to a BT Smart Divert number which is set to emergency mobile (This is because they need emergency mobile to be able to change divert using status using touchtone which I doubt can be done from 3CX???)

• This can be done via inbound rules. You can set office hours and in the evening when the PBX switches to Out of office hours the destination could be an outside number which can be set to whatever you like.

Reactions: eddv123
If you need assistance from a Partner I would be happy to help.

Thanks @YiannisH_3CX

Everything else looks great but for point 3, only thing is that I would like the person to be able to place the current call on hold and take the other call. Is that possible?

Thanks

Graham

Hello @gbrown100

Daytime:

• Although easily done with Ring groups i would recommend using Queues for additional functionality that will also help with other points further down.
  • Set a timer of your choosing.
  • A queue will give the ability to the caller to wait until an agent is available.
  • Using a queue you could have the agents log out and the calls will be automatically forwarded to the destination of no answer of the Queue.
  • A manager with a 3CX client or web client could log an agent in or out thus controlling the diversion but for the destination he will access to the management console.

Evening:

• This can be done via inbound rules. You can set office hours and in the evening when the PBX switches to Out of office hours the destination could be an outside number which can be set to whatever you like.

Everything else looks great but for point 3, only thing is that I would like the person to be able to place the current call on hold and take the other call. Is that possible?
The agent will have to know that a call is waiting, that is the tricky part with a queue. If the agent knows that a call is waiting he can park the current call (the caller will hear music on hold), pick the second call up and when done un-park the first call. You can use a 3CX client for this or the new Web client and monitor the switchboard.
I am sure that other members will have other more creative ideas to achieve this with just an IP phone.

okdokay, well they don't really want to use the client but it's not beyond the realms of possibility though. They are fairly stuck in their ways and with older users not so comfortable with computer based telephony.

That said, current solution is a desk phone, they get a beep in their ear and can use a piece of software to place the call on hold and pick up the other one so not too different.

Otherwise I guess we are talking having two extension numbers and two lines on their phone aren't we? Or can I simply bond the SIP extension to both lines and it'll ring the second call on the second line key and place the other call on hold when they press the second line key?

Otherwise I guess we are talking having two extension numbers and two lines on their phone aren't we?
That is an option although not really supported as you will have to manually configure the second extension to the phone. This way the second line will ring and the agent will have the ability to pick up the call. This method requires a phone with line keys though and as you have mentioned Yealink T19p you may have an issue there.

ICICIC - OK, well it's a requirement but I suspect I am just overcomplicating things. Just tested with a T46G, simply editing the extension and adding second BLF as a line key works exactly as I want. The answer is, we need a 2 line phone. These guys are 24/7, they currently have kooky workarounds on their current system which keep failing at odd times in the night, this has to be bulletproof...

So, let's say I have now gone down the call group route (not queue). What's the easiest way to divert a group, is there a way to do this quickly or can we only do it by manipulating the properties of the group in the admin console? Time slots at start & end of the day are one thing but think toilet / lunch breaks as well, calls cannot go unanswered in this line of business and they don't want a delay if there's definately no-one in the branch to answer the call.

Last update, I have configured the T19PE2 and can confirm it allows multiple incoming calls from a call group. You can simply switch between calls, you get an audible beep in your ear and it shows another call coming in on the phone. The losing call gets placed on hold.

For divert I simply created an extension for each branch called <branchname Divert>, renamed two of the status's and configured as a day mode and night mode. Each branch then logs in to the web client and changes the status as required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.