• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Services Stopped on their own - Now can't access Management Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackwhittle

Reaction score
Just added a GXP-2160 to extension 1201 and provisioned it with 3CX, all working ok, then suddenly I received an email from 3CX telling me my services stopped...

Calleed 3CX who told me I need to speak to Google Cloud (where it is hosted) and they'll fix it! Spoke to Google Cloud who said all technical issues are via email (absolutely disgusting).

I've stopped the VM in google cloud and started it again, Google reports the VM is running but when I try and go to my Managament Console for 3CX via (companyname).3cx.co.uk domain, it times out and says "the site can't be reached" - Took too long to respond.

Who can fix this? Me, Google or 3CX? I think the DNS or IP may have gone dodgy in the restart process but I'm not sure, phone system has been off for 40 minutes now, probably losing business left, right and centre £££££! Any advice is very much appreciated!!

Regards

Jack

Can you login via SSH?

Try this command: systemctl start 3CXPhoneSystemMC01
I've had my Management Console die when adding extensions, sometimes so very much dead I could not restart it and had to reinstall the server, reloading the config from a backup.

Hi,

I've just had an email telling me my public IP has changed, I knew it was something like that! Now the only other thing is how do I get my 3cx subdomain to resolve to the new IP?

Thanks for you help so far!

It should do that automatically. Might take some time.

It should do that automatically. Might take some time.
Ahh, I hope so! Now my bloody GXP-2160 says that my password is incorrect! What on earth is going on today! Ugh! Is that now set via 3CX as it's provisioned?

Probably, when you have access to the Mgnt Console again, check under 'phones'. There's a button called "Phone UI" which should take you there.

Ahh, I'll check, it's still not resolving as of yet but I hope it does soon! Over an hour all the lines have been off and our management team are sweating! It's literally caused a massive riot with senior management as we've probably lost between 300-350 calls in that hour! :(

If it's such an important system that an hour of downtime will cause a panic, it really needs a fallback pbx.
Have you tried accessing the Mgnt Console through just the IP? Something like https://ip:5001 ?
It should be back by now.

Yeah, this is something that we're looking into at the moment. I have tried via the IP but still no success. :(

Yeah, I have logged in there and it shows the change of IP next to the domain name but as of now, it's still not resolving. Perhaps it needs time to propagate DNS settings worldwide?

Ok, just checked on whatsmydns.net and the domain is now resolving to the correct IP but for some reason, again, it is still not working from my end! All I get is
"This site can’t be reached
companyname.3cx.co.uk took too long to respond."

Hello @jackwhittle

I would recommend that since you have a high traffic system and remote phones that you acquire a static public IP from google to avoid future IP changes. Having said that since you have SSH access check if the management console is started.

Code:
 service 3CXPhoneSystemMC01 status

Is the service running?

If just the Mgnt Console was stopped, he'd still get the 3CX login page. At least from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.