• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Caller ID in Queue wrong on forward to mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartijnDoeland

Free User
Reaction score
I have an extension setup with a forward to Mobile.
Internal calls to the extension show up as the OutboundcallerID on the mobile.
If I log the extension on onto a queue the callerid on the mobile shows the main trunk no.
If I call the queue through the trunk the calllerid on the mobile shows te OutboundcallerID.

How do I make the internal call to the queue show the outboundcallerID on the Mobile?

Hello @MartijnDoeland

To which outbound caller ID are you referring? Is there an outbound caller id set under extension settings or are you referring to the outbound caller ID of the trunk?

internal to extension show the outboundcallerid of the calling extension (as set in the management.
Calling through a cue show the trunk main caller id.
eg:
ext 317 (+31xxxxx713)-> ext 318 (forward to mobile) shows +31xxxxx713 on the mobile
ext 317 (+31xxxxx713)-> Queue 319 shows +31xxxx8700 on the mobile (main trunk no).

I have tried replicating your scenario and i am getting the outbound caller ID of the calling extension in both scenarios. Of course that depends on the provider settings and what is required in each scenario. Who is your provider? Is is a supported provider? If so i might be able to test this and find the correct settings if possible. If this is not a supported provider you might need to contact them and ask them what information they require to see and the SIP field they need to see the info at.

Add info:

ext 317 (+31xxxxx713)-> ext 318 (forward to mobile) shows +31xxxxx713 on the mobile :Correct.
ext 317 (+31xxxxx713)-> Queue 319 shows +31xxxxx700 on the mobile (main trunk no). not correct
ext 317 (+31xxxxx713)-> +31xxxxx319 shows +31xxxxx713 on the mobile: correct

Perhaps I have some setting wrong but I can't find what it is. only the internal call to the queue shows the wrong number on the mobile.

What settings do you have for the trunk (outbound settings)? There are a few that deal with caller ID, and where it should be taken from. You could try changing those after making note of what the current settings are, as changes can have unintentional consequences not immediately apparent. As mentioned, each providers "requirements" can differ.

I've taken a screenshot of my settings on the sip trunk

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    46.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    17.1 KB · Views: 11
The setting look to be what I would have tried as a starting point. The fact that the number set (datafilled) in the extension settings is showing correctly when NOT passing though a queue, would suggest that most are "correct".

What provider are you using? There may be another forum member, that has had experience with them, and can offer a suggested change.

These are generally the fields of interest. But, depending on the provider.....

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    66.9 KB · Views: 12
Please explain how this could be a provider issue because an internal call to the extension is correct.
A internall call to the queue is not correct.
Doesn't the problem then has to do with how queue handles callerid?

You will need 2 wireshark captures to troubleshoot your issue.
  • First capture will be this scenario: ext 317 (+31xxxxx713)-> ext 318 (forward to mobile) shows +31xxxxx713 on the mobile :Correct.
  • Second capture will be this scenario: ext 317 (+31xxxxx713)-> Queue 319 shows +31xxxxx700 on the mobile (main trunk no). not correct
Navigate to Dashboard / Activity log and start a capture. Run the 2 test scenarios. Once done stop the capture and download the file. Compare the 2 calls by looking at the Invite messages. You should be able to determine what is different between the 2 calls.
If you need assistance with the capture please send me a p.m and i will take a look at the capture.

Looks unsolvable.
Wiresharks shows the difference between the two but i don't know how to solve this.

Please check your inbox as i have sent you a p.m. with what we will need to look into the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.