• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Access to Database 15.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanrm

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
My question is essentially the same as the one asked here:
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/access-to-db-on-15-5.54116/

It's how to connect to the database directly in v15.5.

The reason we need access to the database is that we have a client who if able to produce chat logs has to produce chat logs and so they want the chat log to be automatically purged at a certain interval. This is common for compliance. They have email, files, etc automatically purged and while evaluating 3CX it was asked if the chat logs can be automatically deleted per their policy which could be purging chat history daily.

The only thought I had was to setup a script to do this directly with the database. Essentially doing what the purge button does on the dashboard but in a scheduled process.

voiptoys is right, It is impossible know what kind of damage that might do if you try that. There may be other related information in the config server that might corrupt by doing it that way.

However if you still want to try,
The connection information is located in C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Instance1\Bin
I use pgAdmin to connect to the database and it works just fine for me.

I understand and agree. We will evaluate before rolling out but I'm hoping that it is just a SQL table with simple records. Looking to do really the exact same thing the purge button does in the web UI but in an automated fashion.

I can put in a feature request but I don't want to walk away from a 200+ seat deal due to the lack of this functionality.

I will look around but also for the sake of completeness for others who find this thread, does anyone know where the connection information is stored on the linux appliance?

Reactions: craigreilly
/var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Bin/3CXPhoneSystem.ini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.