• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Push not working properly on IPhones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Rasmus

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently deployed a new 3CX Phone System for a new client.
They have using the Windows app in their office and also has the 3CX app on their IPhones.
Whats happening is the mobile apps are not ringing then they are receiving a missed call message. If the app is open they receive the calls but when the app is closed it doesn't ring.
More often then not the apps on the IPhone are not ringing.
Is there an issue with the push for IPhones? If so how do I go about fixing it and for this customer the apps are essential.
I have a work around at the moment where i have removed the account from the IPhone and ticked the box to ring mobile at the same time so they don't miss the calls. (i don't want to keep this setup as it is using 2 calls per call. I also removed the account from the phone because when the push decides to start working again it causes a conflict as the mobile and 3cx app will be ringing at the same time and cancel each other out)

Any help on this will be much appreciated

Kind Regards
Michael

Hello @Micahel,

Please make sure that option "Enable PUSH for smartphones" is enabled under extension settings.
Also make sure that no updates are pending for iOS certificates in the updates section of the PBX. If there is a pending update please apply it and send new welcome emails to the iOS clients.

On the iOS devices make sure that notifications are allowed for the 3CX client and all necessary permissions are granted.

Thanks for your reply @YiannisH_3CX,

I can confirm that "Enable PUSH for smartphones" is enabled and that there are no new updates.
I also confirmed with the customer that she has everything allowed for the 3CX app.

The issue is still happening randomly on IPhones (there is no issue with PUSH for Androids)
Is there an issue with the push for IPhones?

There is no known issue with Push for iOS. Make sure all your settings are correct and that outbound ports 2195 and 2196 are open for TCP. Also make sure you are running the latest iOS client that was recently released

Hello @YiannisH_3CX

I called the 3CX Support number and the person i spoke to (i forgot his name) said that 3CX is currently working on improving the PUSH for IOS as people have been experiencing issues and your telling me that there is no issue?
The person that i spoke to said if i provide the Apple ID's of my customer to him he can add them to the beta app which should fix the issue that they are experiencing.
He also said that the improved IOS PUSH update should be out by the end of the month.

Can you please clarify this as i have now bee told 2 different things?

Please note that we are always working on improving all aspects of the system as there is always room for improvement. Also i checked with support and no one recalls saying this to a client .Without knowing who you spoke with i cannot know why you have been given this info. Do you have a ticket regarding this issue? Since you can call support i assume that you have the ability to open a ticket so we can look into your issue by going through the logs.
Also as i mentioned in my previous reply the iOS client update has already been released.
https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/ios-uc-client-update/

I have not had any issues with Push on iPhone in over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.