• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Incoming call lost after second transfer attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bart Crommen

Reaction score
Hi,

The receptionist of our customer has the following issue on their 3CX system:

I transfer the incoming call
*The extension is busy
*I can retrieve the call and say to the person calling that the line is busy
*But If the person calling wants me to connect to a another extension, the line drops dead right after I press transfer

Installed 3CX version 15.5.9348.3

How can we trouble shoot the issue?

Many thanks,

Bart

Hello @Bart Crommen

Are you attempting an attended transfer or a blind transfer? How are you retrieving the call back?
Are you using a 3CX client or an IP phone? Are these local to the server or remote?
Please provide some details regarding your setup and the call flow so we can try and replicate.

Hi,

It happens with the attended transfer using an IP phone yealink T46.
The 3CX server is local.

I'm not sure what you mean with 'How are you retrieving the call back?'.

Best Regards,

Bart

Ok, so the call comes in to an extension (directly, through a queue, ring group, IVR?). Then the extension tries to perform an attended transfer to another extension. The target extension is Busy so the extension re-connects to the caller. Then tries another attended(?) transfer and the call drops once the transfer is about to be completed?
Can this be replicated if the original caller is an extension?
Are you using the default templates for the phones?
Are the phones running the default templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.