• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Handsets won't register and Soft clients have lost the Presence information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg.wilmot

Customer
Reaction score
Hi
we have setup in a remote office 6 users connecting to a google hosted 3cx platform using soft clients.
All working fine but the users then asked for deskphones.
we have received the new Yealink T42s handsets ( x3 ) and have connected them to the the POE switch and they power up fine.
I have run through the Add phone section and applied the details to one handset. I applied the manual config for Account 1 and the Auto provision details and then the phone tries to register. And this is where it gets stuck. the phone will not register.
I have the following ports opened.
tcp/udp- 5060
tcp/udp- 5061
tcp/udp- 5065
tcp/udp- 5090
tcp-5000
tcp-5001

I have run the firmware upgrade and factory reset the phone. any suggestions?
As a side note from about lunchtime the soft clients stopped displaying the preference information and call history. is this coincidence? the soft client outside of that office appear to be working fine?
TIA
Greg

Hello @Greg.wilmot

Please try to provision the phones using the supported method documented here: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-t4-series/
Also make sure that the option "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" under extension settings / Options is not selected as the phones will not register. More details on how to configure the remote phones can be found here:
https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/intermediate/configuring-remote-extensions/

Also check your IP blacklist as the PBX might have blacklisted the remote sites IP due to registration attempts from the IP phones. You can find it on the Dashboard under the PBX status column.

Reactions: Greg.wilmot
Thanks very much. a combination of the ip blacklist and the "Disallow.." option and using the correct uid and registered id and i have them all working.

easy when you get all the ducks in a row!

thanks
Greg

Glad to see that issue has been resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.