• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Multiple Extension on different phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekservpros

Free User
Reaction score
Hello, I am testing 3CX and are using ver15.5.0. I wanted to know if it is possible to add multiple extension to Grandstream 2160/2170 or Polycom VVX600 phones. For example the Office Manager ext 6111 will need to be able to answer 6100 when the Admin is away.

yes - custom programming the phone without template is easiest - or use the call pickup function (I think *20<ext>#)

I guess the same would be for the business owner, she has two ext a public facing and a private ext. Both are currently display 2 lines on her phone set.

Is it possible to auto-provision the phone and then add a second line? I'm experiencing on grandstream 2170 that the auto-provision will overwrite and remove any added accounts.

The template does not seem to do anything past Account 1. Account 2 is not in there.
Account 2 "Account Name" is P417 which doesn't show up in the Template, nor the provisioning file.

I just added an account 2 to my 2170. Reprovisioned, and it did not remove it.

Are you using the Supplied Template?

Yes, I'm using the supplied template for a GrandStream 2170. I auto provisioned for one extension and then added the other extension manually on the phone. I updated the BLF information from the PBX and then provisioned. The config from the PBX updated the BLF and then changed the accounts from Default to None.

I guess I should specify that the template changed the BLF information on the phone from Default Account X to None, which essentially removes the account from the LCD.

Ahh - that is in the template.
Remove BLF2 so its not over written.

Ok, BLF 1 & 2 are taken up by the 3CX configuration. So the PBX configurations lists BLF 1 but it's actually BLF 3 on the phone. So I've configured BLF 5-10 and left all of the left side of the LCD BLF entries empty. I've then configured Account 2 for a separate SIP account and then set Virtual Multi-Purpose Key 3 to Default 2. After that I Save VPK. Then I click Provision at the top of the page. Shortly after I hit Provision the phone removes the added account from the LCD display. The account is still configured on the phone but the Virtual Multi-Purpose Key not longer displays it on the LCD after the provision.

The template unless modified will overwrite blf’s
You need to remove blf1 (3 in the Vlc setup screen) from the template.

Ok, so I need to edit the template in order to add a second account to the phone without the PBX blanking it out?

Fair enough. Unfortunately, I'm not great at editing XML. It looks like grandstream.ph.xml is the template that needs to be edited.

Do I just remove lines 3677-3708 and let the phone handle those VPK settings?

You will have to COPY the template.
Remove the lines associated with BLF3
(Starting with IF BLF1 and ending with ENDIF) <~ not in front of terminal right now...

Then assign it to the phone in question.
(Copy MAC address. Delete phone. Add phone. Select new prob template. Paste MAC address).

Ok, I copied grandstream.ph.xml
Went to VPK 3 fixed VPK and removed everything from {If blf1} to {ENDIF}
I removed the phone from the extension and then added it back to the extension with the new custom template.

I hit Provision from the phone's website and the the VMPK 3 changes from Default 2 to None 1.

I'm guessing that I did something very wrong. I removed the below. But then that just leaves all settings commented out for VPK 3. Instead of removing the config below should I be editing it to use Account 2?

{IF blf1}
<P1367>%%value%%</P1367>

<!-- # Account. 0 - Account 1, 1 - Account 2, 2 - Account 3 -->
<!-- # Number: 0, 1, 2. Default is 2. -->
<!-- # Mandatory -->
<P1368>0</P1368>

<!-- # Description. Max length allowed is 32 characters. -->
<!-- # String -->
<P1469>%%label%%</P1469>

<!-- # Value. Max length allowed is 64 characters. -->
<!-- # String -->
<P1470>%%type%%</P1470>
{ELSE}
<P1367>-1</P1367>
<P1368>0</P1368>
<P1469></P1469>
<P1470></P1470>
{ENDIF}

You can set it to use account 2, but you would need to have a template for each phone needing a second account in this manner.
By just removing it - it should't be programming/deprogramming VMPK3.

If you would like me to look at the XML - you can send it in a Private Conversation.

Go to the phone, status, network tab and copy the MAC address.
Then goto
http(s)://PBX-IP/provisioning/<secret folder>/cfg<mac without the colon>.xml

The secret folder name can be found on the phone provisioning tab.

This will get the XML config file for that handset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.