• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Access the phone list without login?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProudCanadian

Free User
Reaction score
I am finding that I need to have a way to open up the people page on the webclient without requiring signing in. This is to accomodate shared phones on our shop floor, where employees expect to be able to open our Intranet, click a link, and search within for company contacts and extensions. (And we cannot expect them to know a sign in at every shared terminal)

How do I go about accomplishing this?

If you are on v15.5

As craig said I would create a dummy ext and hide from address book could even disabled it from making outbound calls for extra security.

add a desktop shortcut https://(PBXIP):5001/webclient/#/people

you would need to access each terminal and save the ext and password

Thanks
Ian

The problem is though with the shop floor users they will balk at the idea of having to enter a password or username, even if I went around and physically taped it to every monitor on the shop floor. Once that happens, politically their managers make my life hell.

I need to find some way that a user can view it without requiring much more than a single functioning brain cell in their head...

The last time I logged into the WebClient was a month ago.
And I look at it daily.

So, I'm not sure thats a valid argument - unless you have a script clearing cookies and browsing data daily.

We actually do, because our quality department freaked out because web browsers were caching our intranet files resulting in the possibility someone might load an out of date work instruction or drawing. (Also a few other things, but that was the primary political reason for it)

Reactions: craigreilly
Well there ya' go. Threw my idea out the door.
Even then - still easy... dummy extension. easy password. lock down for calls, etc.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.