• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V15.5, Update 4 BETA: Voicemail to text transcription, queue ringtones and more…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance that being able to see the status of SBC is going to make it into update 4 before the final version. Even if it just showed the connection, IP and version number of the SBC that would be a great start.

No, unfortunately too much needs to be changed: SBC itself, Tunnel service, Call Manager and Management Console. All of these also needs to be thoroughly tested.

I'm not a fan of the red exclamation circles on the dashboard for Firewall and Trunks. My systems are running great, so why try to give the appearance that something is wrong? There should be a better way to say something is unsupported than to freak a customer out on their dashboard page, which is the effect that this will have.

Heads up...went in to activate transcription and got flagged for mailbox quota had it set for 10GB and said it had to be 0-7 probably want to fix this for those whom have not managed vm size..

Awesome update. Sadly, the translation is absolutely horrible. Not 3cx's fault... AI just isn't quite there yet... Google's translation is the closest, but no one is "close enough" yet... Microsoft tends to be between 70 and 80%, Google hits just below 85%, and amazon is in the mix somewhere. Sadly, though, it is still quite poor. :-(

Again - not 3cx's fault. Great job, guys.

I'm not a fan of the red exclamation circles on the dashboard for Firewall and Trunks. My systems are running great, so why try to give the appearance that something is wrong? There should be a better way to say something is unsupported than to freak a customer out on their dashboard page, which is the effect that this will have.
I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. This is not the first time 3cx has "whined" about stuff that isn't actually an issue.

We use custom templates and we have one trunk that still goes through nexvortex. Because it isn't their "officially supported" ones, now you guys are flashing red everywhere. That is kind of silly. It is annoying enough that my phones show as "red" in the phones list... c'mon 3cx. Enough.

I have a Nextiva trunk which works flawlessly but when speaking to their support they told me that while they use 3CX for internal use they 3CX won't support it because Nextiva competes with their system. Too bad we have a red light now for something that silly.

I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. This is not the first time 3cx has "whined" about stuff that isn't actually an issue.

We use custom templates and we have one trunk that still goes through nexvortex. Because it isn't their "officially supported" ones, now you guys are flashing red everywhere. That is kind of silly. It is annoying enough that my phones show as "red" in the phones list... c'mon 3cx. Enough.

Maybe a not so shocking color for unsupported and leave red as true issue or trouble.

What is this? Not finding anything on it.
  • Added Search for Direct Inbound Dialing DID
We've been needing for a long time a way to generate reports and summaries for calls by DID

Dashboard, PBX Status, phones is red on my test server. "You are using Unsupported phones or phones with custom templates which may cause issues."

Connected test phones are all up to date and supported. After some digging, I found I had tested a conference phone with a custom template and never deleted it. I'm thinking maybe have the indicator only relate to connected phones and not extensions, or/also have the informational warning possibly list extensions with the violation so we're not looking for a needle in a haystack.

Yes this "feature" is a real annoyance. Really 3CX. Do we have to be tut tutted on everything? We use non standard SIP trunks and have done for years. We never needed to raise a support call on one. Please allow us to acknowledge the alert and have them go green. I pride myself on all my client systems having greens across the board. Now I have to put up with red exclamations because I use a non standard door opener, or a non standard sip trunk. In countries like Australia there are hundreds of ITSPs and a six are on the list. We are a reseller of an ITSP that is not on the list as part of our offering. We can't control whether they are on your list, but they work fine and everyone is happy. Please reconsider this one.

Last edited:
Yes this "feature" is a real annoyance. Really 3CX. Do we have to be tut tutted on everything? We use non standard SIP trunks. Have done for years. Never needed to raise a support call on one. Please allow us to acknowledge the alert and have them go green. I pride myself on all my client systems having greens across the board. Now I have to put up with red exclamations because I use a non standard door opener, or a non standard sip trunk. In countries like Australia there are hundreds of ITSPs and a dozen or so are on the list. We are a reseller an ITSP that is not on the list as part of our offering. We can't control whether they are on your list, but they work fine and everyone is happy. Please reconsider this one.
100% agree, this is more of "We think there's fire in your house" rather than mean of providing relevant warning. ACKing the "alert" and making it to go away as mentioned in one of previous posts is a must.
3CX, it's enough if you stick to your current support policy - issues with non-supported trunks or customized phone templates are not going to be addressed by your support team. Fair enough.
Same as datamerge, we are using sip trunks which are not on support list / customized provisioning templates for years and all woks just great for us. To certain degree, 3CX provides great deal of flexibility when it comes to these two areas, we are fully enjoying that flexibility and take responsibility for our customized configs. No need to give us red exclamations to point those things out.
Please, reconsider this "feature", allow us to ACK it and make it go away.

What is this? Not finding anything on it.
  • Added Search for Direct Inbound Dialing DID
We've been needing for a long time a way to generate reports and summaries for calls by DID

This is actually a search bar added to the Direct Inbound Dialling under extension settings. You can now navigate to an extension and search the DID you want to assign to the extension from there.

Reactions: bbaker73
We set up the voicemail transcription on Friday evening. It is neat! I can see customers will appreciate this. We will recommend that they don't automatically delete the voicemail from the phone in case the caller leaves gobbledygook, but I can see this being a really useful feature for many clients.

Tried to set this up on a Linux 3CX PBX, but the option to enable voicemail transcription is grayed out and cannot be selected. Is this a Windows only feature please?
Please note that this feature is available only in the Pro and Enterprise edition of the PBX. If you are using a standard licence then the option will be greyed out.
https://www.3cx.com/docs/voicemail-transcription/

Hi:

I know that translation service is provided by Microsoft Bing Speech API, but for the Spanish and Catalan language these translation are horrible!

Any fix prevision?

Regards!

Progress is happening. They did allow selecting queue tone separate from others.

Reactions: bbaker73
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.