• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

T56/T58 firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProudCanadian

Free User
Reaction score
Just wondering, there has been updated firmware out for a while now and posts in this forum going back to December about the improvements they bring when used with 3CX.... How long does it normally take for them to get pushed out officially with 3CX?

Really want to fix the super slow CTI issue.

Saw that, but would much rather have it come through official channels before I start messing with my installation :/

So does anyone know how I can get a response from 3CX on an ETA with this?

Hello @ProudCanadian

Please note that the firmware for these phones is currently under testing. If all goes well it will be the supported firmware for an upcoming service pack but that all depends on how the testing will go. For the upcoming SP4 the firmware will most likely be the same as SP3.

Thanks for the response Yiannis!
With the previously described post by nobody, is there any real downside if I do that? I am ok with any new issues the firmware brings, as I need the fixes the new version offers.

Thanks for the response Yiannis!
With the previously described post by nobody, is there any real downside if I do that? I am ok with any new issues the firmware brings, as I need the fixes the new version offers.

The real downside is that the firmware is not fully tested by us in combination with our templates so we cannot guarantee the behaviour of the phone. If you face any issues you will need to downgrade to the supported firmware so we can troubleshoot. Other than that it is up to you if you want to try the new firmware.

I only found only one problem until today: The 58V always blinks with the LED as soon as it goes to sleep mode. Either, you have to disable the energy saver or wait for a newer Firmware or, live with it. I read this behaviour is intended by yealink. Like a heartbeat indicator which shows the phone is still alive even when everything else is dark.

Sorry to drag up an old threat, but as I am starting to roll out some T56A's right now I have to agree with nobody on the blinking LED issue.
I found the instructions to fix this via template, and it works on the current Yealink firmware version but not the 3CX supplied one. Would LOVE to the the new version officially supported sooner rather than later.

So, the new firmware fixes two massive issues: Slow dialing with CTI, and blinking power LED even when disabled via template.

Hi ProudCanadian
Reviving a previous thread is not always bad. Sometimes it's actually useful and reduces duplication.
In this case you did well.

However when you report firmware issues, referring to them as "Current Yealink firmware" and the "3CX Supplied one", creates massive ambiguity. We need to work with numbers.

Now you might be right and take the false impression that 3CX does not keep up with the firmwares the manufacturer releases. But that's what is visible - there are other underlying valid reasons when this happens. Sometimes it is just better to wait until the fully working firmware comes out.

The last update Yealink made was in January 2018 and looks like this T58V(T56A)-58.80.0.40.rom.

Now this has faster CTI yes true - but something we don't need because we have uacsta to users and users should be using that. So no absolute reason to update and retest everything.

It has the Power LED fixed - but that is not an issue for us that justifies a full firmware update either and retest because that is Yealink logic. All devices send notifications. If you have realistic sleep timeouts, it does not bother you.

DND sync (which is the most important issue) is still broken.

So after analyzing pro's and con's we decided that .25 was better suited and we invested the time we would have spent to release 40 on something else. The CTI speed was okayish and was constant since the beginning of these android phones.

A new beta .45 is out and this looks promising- This came in just last week. We will update the android phones to this version because this firmware justifies a full retest of the phones because it is a consolidated update that fixes a lot of things.

Reactions: craigreilly
Morning Nicky!

Thank you very much for the reply! I really appreciate the transparency, and why the current version isn't released as of yet.

Your reasoning makes sense, and I look forward to the .45 firmware hitting as soon as possible.

Edit: Whats up with the DND sync? It looks to be working fine on my phone with the .40 release. I am rolling these models out to our executives, and need to make sure I am on top of any bugs with them.

Reactions: Marari
We try our best trust me.
We cannot be transparent every time agreed because we are just too busy. But this case deserved an explanation because yes - it looks like 3CX is taking it easy on firmwares - but in reality it is not the case.

Android phones have had 3 versions until now and a 4th one on the way.
The guys at Yealink also have a massive workload with the new phones and a phone on Android is extremely delicate because its not just Yealink development timelines that you need to take into effect - but also Android and google. So that's another element we should sympathize with.

An android firmware is hard. I mean the first will be buggy and the rest will come slower. So you cannot accept all firmware updates blindly. Firmwares are cherry picked carefully because choosing a firmware means testing and rolling it out. To support and approve a firmware it must give the benefit that equals the work and time invested to roll it out. As admins and developers we do and ask this quiestion all the time
"Do I force all users to update all their devices just for this improvement? yes no?"
"Do I add this to my spring forcing dev and testing to adjust just for this improvement yes / no?"

Keep in mind that we have supported other Yealink firmwares for other models instantly - there is also the question of demand and supply - how many people / users will be affected with the android firmware?

so yes - we accepted 1 firmware out of 3 (the one it came with stock, .25 and .40 was skipped)

Now we have promising results on 45 or something >45 - thats the one we will nail.

Thanks for your feedback on this. It's good to explain. We do not want to give the impression that 3CX and Yealink are picking our nose instead of working :) Yealink guys are busy too I must say.

The guys at Yealink also have a massive workload with the new phones and a phone on Android is extremely delicate because its not just Yealink development timelines that you need to take into effect - but also Android and google

I have a couple of the Grandstream Android phones that I BETA tested in 2015, and I think they gave up. If I recall they are now legacy or discontinued. I also have the GAC conference phone... and while I have a template, I do not program much on these phones, besides the Account Info. During BETA testing, it was very hard to get the bugs worked out, and many excuses were that the Android OS just couldn't be programmed to do that.

So, I understand the frustration and time with testing the firmware before you release to the GenPop.

NB, you are all doing a great job - and 3cx has grown by leaps and bounds these last 24 months especially.

Happy you brought up this example because Android moved to devices other than mobile phones is a big task. It was not intentionally designed for an IP Phone. You have the handset to cater for, wifi changes to hybrid wifi and lan.. Developers have big tasks to integrate these changes and android projects Amalgamated with your existing product line, take a toll I must say.

Happy to have good feedback and we could not have done this without the community.. Let's all keep on pushing in the same direction to gain improvement over another.. SP5 is just round the corner and this is going to be an update that Trumps any other update we've made!!! we will be releasing news shortly on this..

Peace!!

Reactions: craigreilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.