• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Extension receiving calls but can't make calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Tauil

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to solve a problem with an extension that is provisioned, receive calls normally but when I press any first digit to try to make a call I receive a busy signal.
Does someone have some idea what it can be?

Thank you all!
Daniel T.

Hello @Daniel Tauil

What PBX version are you running? You can see the exact build number on the Dashboard, under the Information column next to the licence.
Is this an on premise server or hosted? Are you using a 3CX client or an IP phone? If an IP phone how is ti provisioned?

Hi Yiannish!

I'm running v15.5.8801.3.
I installed the 3CX on my local server, windows 2012 server.
I'm using 2 models of IP Phone (Cisco SPA-504G and CP-7942G).
Sorry, I don't understand, what you mean with "how is it provisioned"?
I put inside of IP Phones the link of provisioning that 3cx created.
On extension tab I added the MAC of IP Phone, and that's it. Then 3CX identified the IP Phones and provisioned.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Make sure that you are on the correct firmware as well. Also is the issue present with every call you are trying? Local and external ?

It sounds as if, perhaps, the dialplan on the set, is not correctly implemented. Since you say this happens after the first digit, have you checked the 3CX Activity Log, to confirm that the digit, is, or is not, being sent to the PBX? If it's not, then you have a "set option" issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: craigreilly
Make sure that you are on the correct firmware as well. Also is the issue present with every call you are trying? Local and external ?

Hi Yiannish, thanks for the reply.
I just have local calls yet, I'm deciding what SIP Trunk I will contract.
I installed the last one firmware, but I will check if other versions could work.
The strange is, this problem happens with just one extension...

It sounds as if, perhaps, the dialplan on the set, is not correctly implemented. Since you say this happens after the first digit, have you checked the 3CX Activity Log, to confirm that the digit, is, or is not, being sent to the PBX? If it's not, then you have a "set option" issue.

Hi leejor, thanks for the reply.
I can see in the call log the first digit is being sent to 3cx.
I will check the dial plan.

I can see in the call log the first digit is being sent to 3cx.

Digits should only be sent once the complete number has been dialled. This normally happens after... a set time-out period (no additional digits dialled), the "dial" key is pressed (or the # depending on the set), or, as dictated by the internal dialplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.