• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Change ringtones

Status
Not open for further replies.

richo81

Free User
Reaction score
sorry this has probably been asked before. I am trying to change the ringtone. I have a remote 3cx pabx and 1 handset grandstream 1782. I've tried changing the ringtones in the 3cx extension to custom 1, 2 or 3 and tried to reprovision/update the handset but still seems to be whatever the default is. Also tried to change ringtone on the handset itself but the 3cx system seems to override this. Do i need to add .wav files for the custom ringtones, maybe that is why it isnt working. Any ideas much appreciated?

The template ringtone change only affects external ring tone not internal.. 15.5 SP4 adds an option for Queue Ring on Grandstream... but still does not differentiate internal vs external.
Perhaps that is why you are not seeing a difference - testing internally only?

(And the template will over ride phone changes upon provisioning. It would be nice if the provisioning had an option for "DO NOT OVERRIDE")

i'm calling from external.

i'm calling from external.
when you change the extension and SAVE - are you pushing the new config to the phone? Or calling right away and expecting the change to be there?

yeh i've clicked OK and waited. have reprovisioned, have rebooted the phone manually. Doesnt seem to work. Maybe i just click OK and wait. Will it get the setting change automatically or do i need to reboot/provision each time?

Not necessarily reboot, but goto the phone tab and reprovision. that will usually reboot it. but I also do not have any experience with that specific model. We have the 2130,40,60,70 series. Users have complained about same issue. 3cx has added Queue ring tone in 15.5 SP4 but still not ideal.
You could modify the template as a last resort. (just remove the portion that over rides the ring tone setting)

still no luck. i removed the phone and factory reset, reprovisioned from scratch with teh custom ring tone set. still has the same ring tone. can you tell me where the ring tones and template are located, maybe ill just hard edit it.

Templates is under settings (at least on my local installation).

Look for the word “external” -

hmmm a bit over my head editing the template. couldnt find the word "external" -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.