• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

LAN Address change without re-install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neville

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I was playing around with a test system in the office and moved it to another network. It was running dhcp so picked up a new address. In the console, there was a message about incorrect ip address. Click to go to the network settings page and select the correct address. Once I did, the current address was in the internet facing Ip address. Clicked OK and everything worked without a reload. It also updated all the items in the parameters page to the correct LAN IP.

I reset the LAN address in my firewall rules, re-provisioned a phone and tested calls in and out with my SIP provider. Set up an SBC and it all worked.

Is this a new or undocumented feature? I was a little surprised that it worked.

Chuck

If I recall they have been working on perfecting this.
I remember reading a post topic regarding this - and support stating the above. I may be wrong.

Reactions: neville
Hello @neville

This was introduced in SP2 so now you do not need to re-install the system when the local IP address changes. However some values remain unchanged like some email notifications. Like @craigreilly mentioned we are working to perfect this.

Reactions: neville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.