• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Duplicate ActiveConnections seen with Call Control API

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjewell

Free User
Reaction score
I've been able to use the Call Control API to detect the start and stop of calls on my PBX server, but I've run into a hiccup. On our client's PBX server multiple/duplicate ActiveConnection objects are generated for a single call through to an extension, both starting and stopping. The system will Insert or Delete up to 3-4 ActiveConnections that only seem to differ in their AttachedData, specifically their sip property. Different ip address and ports for the same call through to an extension. Only one connection survives through the call; the rest are cleaned up quickly. However, those duplicates are making it a bit difficult to use the call starts and stops as triggers to our third party program.

Specifically, I am listening to the Insert and Delete events, filtering out all but CONNECTION type Entities, and checking to see if the ActiveConnection's DN is an Extension type and that the call IsInbound=True. So Inserts that meet those criteria are starts, and Deletes are stops.

I figure the problem is that there are other things on the system that are creating CONNECTIONs to the extension when the call goes through, but I don't see anything obvious that might differentiate between types of connections.

Is there a way to detect the start and stop of calls that I'm not aware of?
Is there a more specific type of ActiveConnection (like, CallConnection or something), that I can listen for instead?
Is there some other way to get around or filter duplicate connection Inserts and Deletes?

Very stumped! Any help or nudges in the right direction are greatly appreciated.

Hello @cjewell,

That's how 3CX works, that's totally normal. When some information of the call changes, new ActiveConnection objects might be created. You need to implement some filtering logic yourself, for example you can use some reference counter, incrementing it every time you get a new ActiveConnection and decrementing it when it is removed, and only notify your external app when this counter goes from 0 to 1 (call start) or when it goes from 1 to 0 (call end).

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.