• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CxPhone API - Available (but currently busy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Johansen

Reaction score
Hello,
On the client when the user is on a call there is a yellow square replacing the green one and the rollover changes from 'available' to 'available (currently..'. Is there a way to use the API to get these statuses?

Thank you.

Hello @Kyle Johansen,

If you need the status for the current extension being used by 3CXPhone for Windows, then you can get it using the 3CXPhone API, subscribing to the events:
- IMyPhoneCallHandler.CurrentProfileChanged
- IMyPhoneCallHandler.ProfileExtendedStatusChanged

If you need the information for other extensions in the system, then that's only available through the 3CX Call Control API.

Kind regards.

Thank you,

However although I do only the current extension those don't seem to work for me. Whenever I check the profile for status, I only get 'available' and not the '(Is busy now)' text.

That's because the profile is not really changing. Just the extension is in a call... You need to check if you have an active call or not, you have the event "IMyPhoneCallHandler.OnCallStatusChanged" that will notify you about any change regarding calls on the current extension.

That doesn't work when the user uses their softphone to pick up the call (which is what we expect them to do). I think I have to use the Call Control, thanks for your help.

The 3CXPhone API should give you those notifications if you're using a PRO license key... If you're not receiving them, maybe you have a STD license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantinium
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.