• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Generic sip trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravilla

Reaction score
Hi all member,

i am trying to configure 3CX sip ip based using sip trunk. the color of the trunk show green but seem not send any register package and doesn't have register status also.
note: host is sip ip that my provider gave.
thanks for advise.

Attachments

• sip.JPG
    sip.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 67
Hi Ravilla,

Who is your provider ? Since you are setting them up as Generic I will assume they are "unsupported": https://www.3cx.com/partners/sip-trunks/

Also unless 100% certain also confirm if they are IP Based or Registration based. An IP Based provider will not send a REGISTER and will also show green in the 3CX interface regardless of whether they are connected and working or not.

You can tell this easily from the providers portal or email they send you when you first acquired the service.

In the 3CX trunk options, you can choose if you actually want the trunk to attempt to register. Check that it is selected. If not, it will just show green. the fact that there are no registration failures, in the attachment, suggested it has not tried.

i am not sure about the problem. now i can make outgoing and incoming call but in the sip trunk still not show register sent, register ok and last failed register.

Hi Ravilla,

Can you confirm:

* Who the VoIP Provider is.
* Whether they are IP authenticated or Registration based.
* The status of the trunk green/red.

i am not sure about the problem. now i can make outgoing and incoming call but in the sip trunk still not show register sent, register ok and last failed register.

You say its IP Based. Thus no registrations. This is what my IP Based trunk looks like.
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.18.17 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.