• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Dynamic Outbound Caller ID possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

narkumas

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi alltogether,

I would be very happy about suggestions how to solve my problem.

I have different agents (inbound and outbound) who work for different departments. When an agent makes an outbound call, his phone should send the specific outbound caller ID of the department.

It should work in softphone and CTI mode if possible.

Any ideas?

Your help is very appreciated!

If your trunk provider allows it, you could change the 'Outbound Caller ID' under each extension. Does mean that every call from the extension will be the same caller ID

Yes, but the next call might need a different ID. Nonsense to change the outbound ID on managemnt console for each call...

At the moment you need multiple trunks to achieve this. If you have the ability to add multiple trunks then you can set a different outbound caller ID to each trunk and control where the call will leave via the outbound rules

Hi,
I also have many customers which I can't migrate to 3CX because of the lack of multiple caller ID's without multiple trunks.
They just want to push a function key for each ID they want to use. In German it's called "Liniewähler"

I encourage you to look at our 3CX Caller ID add-on. It allows the agent to select the desired outbound caller ID from a predefined list. So if they are wanting to make several calls in behalf of Department A, select Department A from the list, make your calls, then revert back to your default caller ID when you are finished. It is super easy to use, and because it is a tiny web application there is nothing to install on the agent's computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.