• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Transfer to voicemail Shoretel 670

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxime Clermont

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to add the buttons transfer to voicemail in the default template. How can I proceed?

These phones are not supported, so I am guessing you have configured it manually in which case there is no default template.

If you want a button to dial your 3CX voicemail system, you need to get the voicemail extension Settings - Voicemail Settings - Voicemail Menu Extension Number then program a speeddial key manually on the Shoretel 670

Last edited:
I dont want to go to the voicemail. I want to transfer a call to voicemail ! Like *4 suffix does.

*4 is the prefix you need to dial... then the extension - not the other way around.
There would be no default template for that phone since it is not supported.
You would have to create a custom template.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Ok so what is the line I need for the custom template ?

Best bet would be to setup the phone as required, and export the configuration. This would get you pointed in the right direction. But then you would have to replace fields like username, password, etc with the Template Fields, like
%%PROVLINKLOCAL.HOST%%,
%%DESKPHONE_PASSWORD%%
%%extension_number%%

The list goes on and on. It is no trivial task to create your own template.

Let me rephrase my question. What do I have to add to the custom template so that I have the transfer to voicemail button ?

I have just noticed I wrote Shoretel. I meant to write Polycom. I have a SPIP670.

So - still this:
Best bet would be to setup the phone as required, and export the configuration...

Then look for the values you programmed.
TIP:
Export Config before you do custom programming.
Custom Program.
Export config again.
Goto: https://text-compare.com/
Paste contents of both files
Look for the differences

Then you know what items need to be changed in the POLYCOM template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.