• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Odd Voicemail not configured problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click my name and start a conversation.

Just did, sorry I was looking for a PM option and conversation didn't allow me to attach the whole section.

The log you posted showed,,,

Dev:sip:[email protected]:5488;rinstance=567a65f6ffa02fd5
and
Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060,

So...the question is...what is different about 2105, and where do calls, to that extension...go?

Could that have something to do with your issue?

If you dial 2105, from another extension, besides ringing the set at 192.168.121.38, does the call go somewhere else?

The log you posted showed,,,

Dev:sip:[email protected]:5488;rinstance=567a65f6ffa02fd5
and
Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060,

So...the question is...what is different about 2105, and where do calls, to that extension...go?

Could that have something to do with your issue?

If you dial 2105, from another extension, besides ringing the set at 192.168.121.38, does the call go somewhere else?

Apologies for the delay, I just left the office for the day. I saw that as well and thought that was relevant but what is odd is I can remove the callgroup with that extension (the third call group) and still have the same issue. The 127.0.0.one actually goes to the push service as listed under phones I’m not sure if that gets set up when a user set up the 3CX app on their phone but I guess I need to go through and make sure that none of those are set up and test. Not sure if there’s an easy way to disable those.

After looking at the log file you sent me, and seeing a Patton in line, my guess is the Analog line(s) have Voicemail enabled and the call is timing out to the TelCo Voicemail.

After looking at the log file you sent me, and seeing a Patton in line, my guess is the Analog line(s) have Voicemail enabled and the call is timing out to the TelCo Voicemail.

Hey Craig, sorry for the delay on this.

So I was able to remove all of the 127.0.0.1 routing from the call groups (mentioned by leejor). This was from the cell app and the PUSH being setup. I disabled that from all extensions and these went away and the issue still persists.

You mentioned voicemail being setup on the analog lines. What is strange is this worked for about a year before running into this problem. Unfortunately, analog line technology predates me a little. Is it possible that one of the users tried setting this up on one of the analog lines thinking they were doing it on the general mailbox? I noticed the receptionist extension has an audio file that say's something like "thank you for calling this company, we are unavailable", which tells me she tried setting up what should of been the general mailbox audio file on her extension. If this is the case, how would she of setup the voicemail on the analog line? AKA, how would I go about undoing it?

There are 4 or 5 analog lines that come into the building to a couple Patton's. The primary analog line's number is the one with the issues. It comes in on the first Patton and then is connected to the ring groups.

Best way to test this.
Unplug the analog lines from the Patton. (Label them first)
Then call the main number and see what happens.
If you get voicemail - call the provider and have them disable it.

Reactions: nfletcher2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.