• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved How to provision a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkjencin

Free User
Reaction score
I am trying to provision a new Yealink T23G. The 3CX server is in Google Cloud. The phones are all in my house behind a firewall. I upgraded the firmware to the lastest version, and I have followed this guide: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/configuring-ip-phones/#h.x4oged39tp44

I tried logging into the phone using the web interface and setting the Server URL to my google server, and the user name and password to those in the extensions Authentication section, but that did not help either. Does anyone know how to do this? I was able to provision a Yealink T21P E2 without any problem.

It just boots up and says Redirector: Update skipped.

I think the problem is that the T23G is not supported. I probably will just return it and get a T21P E2. I have tried updating 3CX and restarting the PBX, factory resetting the phone after upgrading the firmware, and it does not even ask for a username and password. Just Redirector: update skipped. It was asking for a username and password a few times, but not anymore.

Well, after working on this all day, the end result is that none of my phones work any more. If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears. I have tried using an SBC server and Yealink's stun servers, but to no avail. Now, the only thing that works is the 3CX iPhone app.

The Yealink T23G is fully supported by 3CX: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/
It is one of our most popular selling phones for 3CX Phone system and works fine.

SBC would be preferred as it is secure and adds encryption. It also only requires port 5090 to connect and 5001 for provisioning and is much easier to connect phones to.

If you still wish to use STUN however I think your issue will most likely be firewall/port forwarding related or that you have not disabled "disallow extensions outside of the LAN".

Reactions: lkjencin
Yes, I must have not enough ports open on the firewall where the remote phones are. What ports should be open? What about port forwarding? The firewall on the cloud server seems to be working fine, and passes all the tests. The iPhone app clients connect fine, except they say "Connecting, Failed, Forbidden" over and over again until you choose a line to call from. But the calls connect fine. The landlines just say No service, but get a dialtone.

I would say there is a issue, if the 'the iPhone app clients connect fine, except they say "Connecting, Failed, Forbidden" as it should just connect.

How do you provisioned the IPhone ? - manually or via welcome email.

Check you have configure the firewall correctly - https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/firewall-router-configuration/

@Saqqara well, that post was certainly enlightening and explains why everything was working fine with one extension and it all went downhill when I tried to install the second extension. Given the port mappings that must be done with STUN, is SBC easier and more reliable?

The firewall on the 3CX Phone server in Google Cloud passes the firewall checker and has all the ports open as described https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-phone-system-v14-ports/

I misspoke. The iOS clients say Connecting, Timeout, Forbidden, repeatedly, but otherwise work fine. They were provisioned by logging into the Webclient using the welcome mail and using the QR code.

how many extensions are you going to have at the remote site ?

Stun is fine for three or four but for ease I would suggest SBC - SBC raspberry can handle 20 extensions, or windows 50 extensions.

Another option create a site to site to your Google Cloud, and then you provision the phones as being local

Anyway, after assigning each phone a static IP on the lan and forwarding the ports according to the article you referenced, I am still unable to reprovision the phones. The 3CX Phone System Event Log shows that the RPS request has been successfully delivered, but when I reset each phone to factory settings, it says Update Skipped and then No Service. What is the most reliable way to get this thing working before Monday?

Two phones at the remote site.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6p18pl6gr60whi/Screenshot 2018-03-25 09.01.41.png?dl=0

Screenshot%202018-03-25%2009.01.41.png

Last edited:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-t20p-t22p-t26p-t28p/

You can provision the phone doing one of these - steps taken from above url

Step 7 - RPS allows you to enter the extension number and voicemail pin to provision the phone

Step 5 - Take the provisioning url and enter it manually into the phone web frontend. Log into the phone IP address, username and password is admin. Under Settings - AutoProvison - Server URL.
When done click on 'autoprovison now' at the bottom of the screen

Make sure ' Disallow use of extension outside the LAN' is unticked under Options for extension and your IP address has not been blacklisted

Make sure you are running the correct firmware - all info the url

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. The problem was that the remote IP was blacklisted at the server due to too many login attempts at one point. Now everything works.

Last edited:
Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angel4781
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.