• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Automating tasks in call control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Groom

Customer
Reaction score
I have started using the call control api and am calling the scripts via the CFD. I would like to automate these scripts natively. How are most of you doing this? For instance i have a script that switches all user profiles to lunch. I have done this by running the script in cfd. But would like to automate this using a schedule that can be adjusted on the fly any ideas?

You need to create a .NET Core program to use the Call Control API from that program. Then you can schedule

But from my understanding .NET Core has no interface, so how would i incorporate the Call Control into windows forms?

If you want a user interface, that user interface will either have to run on the 3CX server directly (since the Call Control API doesn't allow remote connections), or you will need to create a REST API that runs on the 3CX server and connects to the 3CX Call Control API. Once you have created the API, then your user interface can run anywhere and you will interface with 3CX through your REST API.

You can use the API from WinForms, no problem with that. You can also create a web page, running in the 3CX Server, the same way the 3CX console does...

I concur with Ernesto. You can write a Windows form application to do this, but understand it will have to be installed directly on the 3CX server. As Ernesto also pointed out, you could do this with a web page too, but it also would need to be installed directly on the 3CX server. The only way to get avoid running the application directly on the 3CX server is to create a REST (or similar) API that accepts remote connections and have your application talk to your API rather than the 3CX Call Control API directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.