• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Faxes are blank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstoffel

Free User
Basic Certified
Reaction score
I have an HP Photosmart 7520 connected to a Cisco SPA112 ATA. I have used this thread https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/3cx-and-cisco-spa112.53696/ to configure it. Outgoing fax reaches the destination and the cover page goes through, but the actual scanned document does not.

Perhaps there are some protocol settings that I need to change in the ATA.

Any ideas?

What country are you in? Does one of your main telephone providers have a, fax test number where you can send faxes and it'll send a fax back with a quality report? This was helpful for us in Australia as it helps you tweak the settings in the ATA.

Is there an error message on the sending fax machine? Can you receive a fax? Does your provider support t.38?
Does the 3CX Activity Log, of one of the calls, provide any helpful information?
Is the 3CX extension you are using the ATA on, a fax extension.

a few minutes later....
The fact the cover page goes through, makes me think that data is passing . Did you load the documents upside down? I've seen that happen. Do they get blank pages corresponding to the number pages that were scanned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.