• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Grover

Reaction score
My company has settled for the Trio 8800, and the issue we are having is that we can only get one unit at a time to work with two lines... one for Skype calls and the other for regular phone calls. If I try to get the 2nd phone to get provisioned it disconnects the other phone. I tried getting support from our vendor and Polycom, and they told me that they are not supported on 3CX and that we cannot have more than one device connecting to the same port (5060 for our server. Does anyone have a suggestion or solution for this problem?

Hi Robert,

Not to add to your concerns but we have had this issue before, it was previously a problem that Polycom were telling 3CX partners the TRIO would be supported without understanding 3CX and the fact they would have to be setup manually.

It seems they may of got wise to this and now say they are un-supported.

Either way they are 3 times the price of the Yealink CP960 (fully 3CX supported) so if you can return them I would.

If not you could set them up manually, depending on if they are running SfB firmware or not.

Since I have to use the Polycoms, what settings should I look for? Is it true that I cannot have more than one device on the network?

Well firstly if you are using Skype for business firmware get it onto standard (if like Yealink you have different firmware).

Then you are looking for SIP registration settings - username, password SIP registrar and or SIP proxy setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.