• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Considering migrating to 3cx...questions for the CFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

GI-YD

Free User
Reaction score
Hi folks.

New to 3CX system. We are looking to migrate our contact center to the platform, however this means questions:

1) can you only transfer to a queue according to the queue's extension?
- is the other call queue information not available, for example: queue name
- we do skill based routing and get a value back from our API into a variable called GroupID, so in this scenario I would want to do: transfer to queue where GroupID matches call queue name

2) the wallboard...just how customizable is this thing?
- can you create a wallboard that shows calls that have a specific variable, for example: I create variable01 with value test02 and assign it to specific call flows. Now I want the wallboard to report on calls with variable01 = test02.
- if not, is this data in the API and can it be referenced by 3rd party software?
- this not view-able from the web interface anymore? Cannot find it under Settings...

3) skill based routing...how do you qualify an agent to receive a call using more than one variable?
- in this scenario, agentA is in the queueA1 but not queueA2. This call should only go to agents that are in both queueA1 and queueA2.
- is there a way to select agents in the CFD or is that limited by the Call Queue agents list only?
- will be nice to be able to select agents based on assigned skill(s). For example: we can provision multiple agents ahead of time into relevant Call Queues but if they are not also part of a specific Call Queue, then they won't get any calls until their training is complete - bit of a pain to have an agent go and log out of multiple queues one by one when they are in many queues (which can happen because some agents represent different areas)
- also, and not a workaround solution to the above: an option to log out/in all queues? May be some check boxes in the All Queues section of the Q-Manager?

Thanks folks.

Last edited:
Yikes, that's a lot of questions for one thread, but I'll take a stab at each question.

1. You can only transfer calls to an extension. There are ways using the CFD or the Call Control API to cross reference a GroupID to an extension, then transfer the call to the appropriate extension.

2. The wallboard will know nothing about your variables. You could report on data by linking values to a specific call using the Call Control API or CFD depending on how you design your call path. I would need considerably more information to answer this question with any level of detail.

3. There is no facility for performing skills based routing in 3CX (other than the existing polling strategies). However, you could create your own table of skills and have calls routed using a CFD application that monitor's agent availability and performs the required actions. I've spent a considerable amount of time considering these possibilities and this can quickly become pretty complicated. Happily, 3CX has a pretty robust API and I'm confident a solution could be built using the CFD and the API.

None of the things you are asking for are possible out of the box from 3CX, but almost certainly could be build with the tools available.

Hmm...if you build it, they will come. If you build it well, they will stay...guess I will begin building.

Thanks for the reply, voiptoys.

If you need help, let me know. Building 3CX add-ons is all we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.