• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Legacy Polycom phone 301

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy ..

Reaction score
hi all,

i am currently look for new VOIP solution to replace the old Astrisk system.

downloaded the 3CX trial, following the instruction on 3cx website to configure the Polycom 301.

my steps below:

1. upgrade the firmware to the latest COMBINED version via the FTP method - phone hasn't been updated for long and it's using a very old bootrom hence cannot work directly with the SPLIT version on the 3CX site.

2. reset the phone to factory setting

3. follow the instruction and provision the phone.

once provisioned the phone, i can see the extension number shown on the phone display, and i can see the phone registered on 3CX under the Phone tab.

can make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls from internal extensions. can make outgoing calls to public numbers via the SIP truck setup for MyNetFone. (service on for outgoing)

the problem was that the phone after 3cx provisioning it lost the dial tone & ring tone.

tested again on another phone i had, after step 1 & 2 ring tone and dial tone still work.

can you please recommend / guide me how to fix this issue?

thanks
Andy

Hi Andy,

If this is a VVX 301 it is on the legacy supported list: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/ so would have a template on 3CX. However if it is not a VVX manual configuration only (as you have done).

First step - firmware Polycoms are extremely sensitive to firmware and I have found later updates to solve some very big problems.

thanks eddv123.

it's not the VVX301 but the soundpoint 301.. (very old)

i think the template for SP301 somehow disabled the web interface for the phone and didn't setup dialtone / ringtone properly.

what i did yesterday afternoon was, upgrade the firmware to the latest version from Polycom's website. then manual configured the phone to connect to 3CX. it was working.

any guide to understand the 3CX template?

Well you won' have a template in 3CX for that model - or are you askng because you want to write one?

There is rumou 3CX will be bringing better support and functionality for Polycom in the future but I doubt it would include models this old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.