• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3CX and GSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

paurus

Customer
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Devices: Iphone 5S, SE, 6, 8 is client 15.5.13.346. The challenges are all hear each other. When you talk through 3cx and receive a call via GSM for some reason, there is often no sound notification of an incoming call. in this screen there is a display of the call through GSM and the response options. With manifests itself not always, but quite often. Users miss a lot of important calls.
Figured out some patterns.
1. If the application is closed and the iphone is asleep at the time of the incoming call ol 3 CX, then after the answer and during the conversation sound notification when receiving a gsm call sounds.
2. If, at the time of the incoming CX-3 your iphone is unlocked, then after answering the notification call system does not sound.
3. In case of outgoing call via 3 CX, there is no audio notification when incoming gsm.

We cannot control this - incoming call sound is played by the CallKit, no matter which app is using it. Even more, CallKit also manages all sound-involved apps during calls.

Whatsapp and viber don't have that problem.

OK, if Whatsapp and viber don't have that problem, then we'll consider a bug in 3CX client and once it will be solved we'll announce.

Thanks. Wait. This is very important to us.

I'm just curious:
if you're in a Whatsapp call and there is an incoming Viber call, how's the incoming ringtone?

So I have not tried. It is important to me when I'm on 3cx was the sound of the call through gsm.

OK, so let's forget 3rd party apps, let's discuss Apple official one - the Phone app:
while you're in a GSM call (handled, obviously, by Apple's Phone) and there is an incoming Whatsapp or Viber call, how's the incoming ringtone?

Yes, there is an incoming ringtone.

OK, thanks - we'll check and will let you know.

when I am in an outgoing 3CX call there is no ringtone from a GSM call.

OK, let us check.

So here's the news:

we've checked the code - this issue is, let's say, half bug, half feature request, but definitely it's doable. Our concern was to don't involve deprecated iOS APIs: we had some support 4-5 years ago, but once those APIs became deprecated, we've got rid of it entirely; meantime, the new CallKit-based APIs has a replacement which we don't used - this is what I consider to be the bug from our side.

So, as always, my advice is to register to our TestFlight program so when we'll have an update/prototype you will be able to try it immediately. However, I will update this topic too.

Thanks. I have already registered several times as a tester, but still have no access.

OK, added, now you're up-and-running on TestFlight, ready to get 300 test builds per day :D

got the Assembly 15.5.14.376. ringtone appeared, but sounds once (double). It will be more correct if it will sound while there is a dial on GSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.