• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Cannot login to 3CX PBX: Too many login attempts - cannot find IP in blacklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trond

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a very wierd situation.
My IP at work is blacklisted according to the errors (and the many attempts I have used to try to login).
When I remote to my home and login (and succeded) I was earlier able to find the blocked IP and unblock it.
Now however I cannot find the IP we use at work anywhere. I have tried to "Allow" it to make sure it should be able to connect, however it does not help and I am still blocked from work.
Any ideas on how to solve this issue?
Tried to logon to both admin PBX and the 3cx webclient, both tells me im blocked.

Also tried to reduce the amount of seconds of blacklisted IP's to 120 seconds and reboot the server.
The server is currently running on google cloud services.

Hope someone can help me out.

Regards,
Trond

Have you tried disabling/clearing the cache, in the browser you are using. that sometimes makes a difference. Blacklisted IP should be there, if it is being acted on.

Thanks for the quick repy.

I tried to restart the server again, and then the FQDN stopped working? I have the new IP address from google, so I tried to login using https://thenewIP and that worked (when on the work IP address). Tho, now the FQDN does not work and because of that the clients wont connect. Any idea on how to troubleshoot that issue? I have not had any issues with this before and as far as I know the FQDN was assigned when I installed 3CX.

the FQDN status is green in 3CX PBX, but doesnt work from any browser anywhere.

I fixed the FQDN issues. Seems that it was cached DNS issues on the computer... However now im back to the starting point where it says I cannot login (blocked) and I find no trace in the PBX on that IP address being blocked... This is driving me nuts. Tried with Microsoft Edge now to see if it made a difference but it doesn't... I have never used that browser so then I guess it has nothing to do with cache? Any other ideas? Thanks again!

Suddenly I got in again now. Have absolutely no idea on why that suddenly worked but... Guess I should add the 3cx admin password in my keepass :)

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.