• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

IOS Soft Phone Muted Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjay Abril

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

Tried searching this one but I cant see any solution.

IOS Soft Phone connected outside the office cannot be heard by another IOS Soft Phone connected inside the office.

While IOS Soft Phone connected outside the office cab be heard by Desktop Client inside the office.

What can i do to fix it? should I create a network rule on my router? Thank you in advance.

@Arjay Abril
Usually, for an out-of-office connection, 3CX Tunnel solves the problem.
So, in your iOS client, tap More on toolbar, then Settings/Accounts/<account_name>/3CX Tunnel and there enable "Use 3CXTunnel when Out of office"; back to Acount, back to Accounts, then tap Phone on toolbar to see it re-registering and taking the change into effect.

Hi Vali,

Tunnel is enabled by default. Do i still need to configure anything on the server?

Here are some diagram:

Soft Phone from outside cant be heard by the Soft Phone Inside while the soft phone outside can hear Soft Phone from inside the network.
not working.jpg

While these 2 diagram is working properly
working 1.jpg
working 2.jpg

Thanks mate.

Hi Vali,

After thorough checking, i found the problem.

This is the diagram that is cannot hear any sound from Soft Phone Outside the office
Not working 2.JPG
You can see in this diagram, the wifi router is providing different set of IP to its client.

while trying to hook up the wifi clients inside the same subnet as the server.
Working 3.JPG
this solves my problem with soft phone, but will affect the settings of my network. For now I will not use the wifi connection for the soft phones, instead i will be using mobile data connection on all of Soft Phones to be able to receive calls from outside call. Hoping you can fix it in future updates. Thank you.

Reactions: Vali_3CX
@Arjay Abril
Thank you very much for detailed explanation - I forwarded it to my teammates from technical support, they definitely have better network knowledge than me.
vali

Reactions: Marios Neophytou
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.