• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Android Client showing that PBX is too old

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabiancrmaddon

Reaction score
Hi,

I installed the Android Client and since I provisioned it using the mail I get the following message:
"We have detected an old and unsupported version of 3CX Phone System. This client will not run correctly with this version and will stop working all together on 1/1/2018. Please contact your administrator to upgrade 3cx to v15.5."

I checked my 3cx PBX and it tells me it´s up to date with version 15.5.10244.4. I also checked the app version, it´s 15.5.303.
I don´t really understand why I get this message, is there anyone else experiencing this or someone who has a solution ?

Best regards,
Fabian

Hello @fabiancrmaddon

Have you changed the User agent name of the PBX from the custom parameters? You can check by navigating to Settings / Parameters and search for USERAGENTSTRING. The value should be empty.

Hi,

I have checked this and the USERAGENTSTRING has an empty value field, we didn´t change anything in there.

Best regards,
Fabian Zimbalev

@fabiancrmaddon
Please check to see if extension's Authentication ID contains a quote or double quote - if yes, change it, then reprovision the client and see if it works.
Hope it helps
vali

i've had this happen over a couple of updates on the android client. my fix was to go to the app manager and force stop the app. it worked after that

Hi,

I checked the Authentication ID on the 3cx using the webinterface and on the client in the config but it does not contain any quotes, it´s pure digits like "124".
Also, I tried to force-quit the app but this did not change anything.

Does someone have any other ideas ?

@fabiancrmaddon
Please try to provision with the same extension another 3CX client (Windows, iOS, MAC) to see if you get the same error - and let us know.
Thanks

Hi,

we´ve got this extension running on a 3cx Phone for Windows without any problems.
I could eventually try iOS if needed.

Best regards,
Fabian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mendy E
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.