• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Caller ID with name and number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Medley

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

Our system is currently only showing the phone number for caller ID, not the name of the caller. I am using FlowRoute as the SIP Trunk, I noticed that CNAM Lookup was not added on our primary DID so I purchased it, but still no change.

Is there something in the 3CX console I need to enable to get this working?

You can check the 3CX Activity Log , for an incoming call, to see if a name is being sent along with the number. I suspect it is not.

You can check the 3CX Activity Log , for an incoming call, to see if a name is being sent along with the number. I suspect it is not.
No it is not being sent, just shows the phone number. So is this an issue to bring up with FlowRoute then?

Yes. Sounds like they are not sending it.

If you are paying for name display, then by all means, call your provider and get that corrected.

Something to keep in mind...Name Display , now-a-days, (most often) relies on third party databases. How up to date these databases are, or how many numbers that actually have a persons/company name associated with it, is not as reliable as it was when name display began being offered, especially for local numbers. There is a good chance that a number will now simply say, the State/Province/city, or something like "Mobile Phone", or just repeat the number.

A lot of people don't want their name sent with a number, and collecting that information from the myriad of providers these days (getting them to give it up), can be extremely difficult.

Last edited:
Hello @Steve Medley

Please navigate to your trunk settings / Inbound rules and find the option "CallerName". Change the to From: Display Name and press OK.
Check if that works for you. Also before making changes make a note of the default settings in case you need to revert.
If a call arrives however without a name the phones will display an empty screen in the place of the name.

Reactions: Mike Hammett
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.