• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Callback not working when agents are busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

samlouis55

Forum User
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying the callback feature. I have one agent connected to the queue.

If an user A calls to the queue and the agent answers the calls, the callback is not working if an user B calls to the queue and requests a callback. But the callback works if an user calls to the queue and the agent is not busy on the line. What I am missing?

Is there a way to delay the time the system do the callback as it is initiated right away?

Regards.

Hello @samlouis55

When a caller requests a callback the system will wait for an available agent and poll that agent with the callback so it should not matter if agents are busy or not when the callback is requested.
From the agents perspective callback is no different than a normal caller waiting in the queue.
The system will poll an available agent and then call the user.

In the instances that callback does not work, are you seeing an attempt for a callback by the system or there is nothing?

There is nothing. But if the agent is not busy, I see the callback initiated.

Can you please tell me what the Maximum Queue Wait Time is? Could that be set to a short value?

The Maximum Queue Wait Time is 40 seconds. If I short the value, the call will be end if the user takes time to choose the callback option.

What i believe is happening that because the value of the queue timeout is very short the call is dropped as it reaches the timeout value of the queue. As i mentioned the callback is treated like a normal call by the queue. Try to increase the queue timeout and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.