• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved On hold music clipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Fouche

Trainee Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Good Day,
We have created a new call flow for a client When the call Transfers between IVR / Queue or IVR to Voicemail
For like one second before our on hold music starts it plays the default hold music.

Can anyone confirm why the system does this and how i could remove it.

Thanks

Hello @Paul Fouche

What i believe is happening is that the system is playing the default music on hold while the call is being transferred. This happens to all systems but the transfer usually happens so fast that this is not noticeable.
What you can do is edit the default on hold music and add a second or 2 of silence at the beginning so this is not noticeable.

Thank you i will try this shortly and revert

Hi this did not work.. it seems like its the audio file used whilst transferring almost like a transferring tone.. Anyone has any idea?

What is your default music on hold? Please navigate to Settings / Music on Hold and change the default music to "Empty.wav" as a test and try again. Do you still hear the tone?

yeah ended up having to change the PARAMS for each action EG Tranfer OH music ETC.. for some reason the default change i made was not universal.. either way all resolved!

Glad to see the issue has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.