• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outgoing Issues with Deutsche Telekom (ngn) - How to best troubleshout

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe-3cx-user

Reaction score
Hello,

we use SIP Trunk from Deutsche Telekom (ngn) and we configured it like mentioned in the 3cx manual.

What do you suggest to make the System work very well?

Customer claims two problems, mainly outgoing issues:
a) many well known extern numbers are sometimes unreachable, he said "he often sees internal server error"
b) outgoing calls take much time, till beginning of call (not exactly sure what he means)

I see in the eventlog of last week many : 480 Temporarily Unavailable

Eventlog of last week:

504 Server Time-out; from IP:217.0.15.69:5060
486 Busy Here; from IP:217.0.15.69:5060
500 Server Internal Error; from IP:217.0.15.69:5060
486 Busy Here; warning: Release from ISUP (UALERTING); from IP:217.0.15.69:5060
480 Temporarily Unavailable; from IP:217.0.15.69:5060
603 Decline; from IP:217.0.15.67:5060

our system:
- Watchguard with 3x WANs
- (via Policy Based Routing 3cx goes via it´s own Down: 49508 kbit/s / Up: 10047 kbit/s online
- windows 10 3cx PC (primary DNS Server is the Domaincontroller) (no personal firewall, no windows firewall)

thx, best regards
joe

Hi Joe,

For the errors you are getting for outbound calls which do not complete I would check your outbound rules and see if you have rules which match the area/country code/number you are trying to dial out to.

Additionally (but I would expect to see a clear entry for this in the logs) check and see whether you have a the corresponding country you are trying to dial in the allowed country codes list.

If this does not work the best thing to do for both issues is get logging:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/collecting-logs-for-3cx-support/

I would expect the 3CX binary log viewer to be best bet: https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-log-viewer/

Dear Eddv,

thx a lot. Small Question Regarding this step:

If I run that task - > "Support” > “Generate Support Info” there is no incoming Email. (I wait for one day)

Emails regarding Errors, Registration, Blocked IP are received well.

Do you have a Idea why?

thx, best regards
joe

Last edited:
Hi Joe,

Sounds like your SMTP server is working.

Who is your systems administrator email address set to and do you have access?

If you are receiving notifications I would say it is highly probable.

I'm assuming that 217.0.15.69:5060 is the provider. Logs such as 486 Busy Here, is just what it says...the line was busy, so i wouldn't worry too much about those. Things such as 603 Decline and 480 Temporarily Unavailable, may also be valid line states, that the terminating provider is reporting.

Did issues just begin recently? is this a new installation?

When you check the logs more closely, is it repeats of calls to the same number(s) causing the logs? Is there any sort of pattern... calls to one area,a mobile provider?

If you have confirmed that you are sending numbers that are correct, you may want to enlist help from your provider in tracking down why calls are not completing.
I would also be concerned with logs such as 500 Server Internal Error and 504 Server Time-out, if the numbers sent are correct, then that may indicate an issue that they need to investigate, especially if this can be duplicated.

Eventlog of last week:

504 Server Time-out; from IP:217.0.15.69:5060
486 Busy Here; from IP:217.0.15.69:5060
486 Busy Here; warning: Release from ISUP (UALERTING); from IP:217.0.15.69:5060
480 Temporarily Unavailable; from IP:217.0.15.69:5060
603 Decline; from IP:217.0.15.67:5060

As far as i can see the calls are being dropped by the provider for different reasons. If you have some examples of calls like the dialled number and the time of the call then you should contact the provider and ask him why these calls are not going through. Some messages are OK and are being sent when the callee is busy or rejects the call however other massages indicate a possible issue at the providers side.

Hello,

ok, it works, I received the Mail and downloaded the "support info"
Thx for you reply.

Sending via "3cx-SMTP Server" wasn´t possible due to this error:
> AuthenticationInvalidCredentials: 5.7.0 Denied

It was working before for 4 Weeks. (but there was a change on Watchguard due to 3cx Firewallcheck" (firewallcheck is green)

FQDN is green on the dashboard.
FQDN static IP is similar to the IP which is showing via "www.whatsmyip.com" (of the 3cx windows server)
Now it works via "third party smtp smarthost server"
I tried to use the on premise exchange 2013 server, but it said not compatible mechanism.

Thx, best regards joe

Did issues just begin recently? is this a new installation?

It is a new installation since march.

Yes, I think problems began slowly.
There wasn´t big changes in their network.

Network topology:

Bintec Elmeg Be.IP Plus > Watchguard WAN 3 (for 3cx - this line is bounded to the SIP Trunk Registration)

Zyxel VMG 1312 > Watchguard WAN1 (for PCs and Server)

Last edited:
When you check the logs more closely, is it repeats of calls to the same number(s) causing the logs? Is there any sort of pattern... calls to one area,a mobile provider?

If you have confirmed that you are sending numbers that are correct, you may want to enlist help from your provider in tracking down why calls are not completing.
I would also be concerned with logs such as 500 Server Internal Error and 504 Server Time-out, if the numbers sent are correct, then that may indicate an issue that they need to investigate, especially if this can be duplicated.

OK - I just opened a Case with DEUTSCHE TELEKOM, not sure if they are able to check in detail such problems.

The primary DNS Server of the 3cx PC is the Domaincontroller. (just sayin)

Draft Action Plan:

I will go onsite for one day to the customer and trying to call 50 Numbers outbound and collect the issues.

Sending via "3cx-SMTP Server" wasn´t possible due to this error:
> AuthenticationInvalidCredentials: 5.7.0 Denied
This means that the public IP the SMTP service receives the messages from does not match the public IP the last activation came from.
To solve this i would recommend navigating to Settings / Network and setting the IP to "Dynamic Public IP". Then restart the 3CX services and try the 3CX SMTP again. If the issue is resolved and you IP does not change you can set ti back to static.
The above steps apply if you are using a 3CX FQDN.

Maybe this is a DNS problem, I have some very annoying experiences with the German Telekom and their Deutschland-lan tariff. Since deutschland-lan and siptrunk are similar:
Make sure, that your DNS resolver queries only the DNS server which are given during the PPPoE. Dont use any other. But even this wont ensure, that you have to restart the system from time to time, because if the DNS server changes you wont notice.
If you cannot turn of recursion you could make a conditional forward for only one domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.