• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Web meeting >can not change camera orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Cuttler

Reaction score
Running 3Cx client (15.5) on Surface Pro4 Win10. Web meeting accesses rear camera regardless of camera settings in 3Cx client and/or in google chrome. Pretty sure there are no other video applications running but to be sure I checked the other installed applications and changed all of those settings to fo "forward".

There does not seem to be any way to change the camera orientation. It continues to come up rear facing no matter what I do and what settings are changed.

My 3Cx reseller simply shrugs and says "we don't support that function" and offers no help whatsoever. Has anyone else experienced this issue ?

In the next release of WebMeeting you'll have an option for switching between cameras.

Soon after that, we'll be introducing multi-cam functionality where you could have both cameras active simultaneously.

Reactions: accentlogic
Thank you. BTW I finally figured this out. Apparently, current version (15.5) does not communicate with chrome regarding camera settings so the "video options" settings in the client are moot. The orientation must be set in native chrome.

settings>advanced>content>camera got me to a screen where I could set the chrome default to "camera forward" and it now comes up forward facing.

Looking forward to the new version as switching orientation during a meeting in current version probably won't work.

Thanks you again for response. I hope you will share this with your re-sellers as I was really disappointed in the "sorry not our problem" response to support request.

Yes, switching live currently doesn't work, this is because you have to do it via Chrome's own internal settings. Chrome's own settings aren't very user friendly. This is why we're developing our own settings.

In the new version you'll have a control panel where you can select any device you want. Switching devices will instantaneously switch live to the new device. This will be the case for both audio and video devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.