• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone API Integrate to Server Side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gknmortas

Reaction score
this documentation helped me a lot to get the call data.

https://www.3cx.com/call-center/crm-integration/

I successfully run the plugin described in this page on the locally running 3cx application. I have the necessary data, but how can we install the plugin on the server side? If this plugin is only a plugin that can be run on the client side, how can I integrate it for cisco phones?

Does anyone have any developer to help me in the right direction?

That's a client side API. You can only use it to create plugins for 3CXPhone, not for the server. If you need to control calls from the server, you need to use the 3CX Call Control API instead.

If you need to use the API with Cisco phones, then you can use 3CXPhone for Windows in CTI mode, controlling a supported Cisco phone. Then you will receive the notifications for that extension.

Thank you for your response.

But is there a more detailed documentation of the use of this api? I opened the project in visual studio and got errors when compiling (TCX not found error). I want to control all caller data on the server side, but I do not understand how this plugin works.

I still have not figured out how to incorporate the TCX class into the project. Why am I getting this error? Can someone please help me in this regard?

https://ibb.co/k1sqT8
k1sqT8

You need to add a reference to the DLL "3cxpscomcpp2.dll", which you can take from your 3CX server.

Thank you very much.

Now I would like to use this opportunity to listen to calls made inbound to our company and do some processing according to the information about these calls. do I have to use the "listen" example for this? if so, what are the arguments I need to use for the "listen" example? What kind of extension should I give as an argument to listen to all calls (all extentions). Is there another example you can suggest about what I want to do?

Last edited:
Do you want a human to listen to this call? If yes, then you must use the Call Control API to perform a "Listen" between the current call, and another extension. If you are wanting to have a computer process the audio (voicemail detection for example), this is not possible with 3CX.

I want to do exactly what incoming calls are inbound, to get the information when the call is finished. I want information from the database to be relevant to the call, such as the duration of the conversation, the number, the name of the operator who answered the call, and so on.

Clearly I misunderstood what you were trying to achieve. It sounds like you just want call detail records (CDR). You can get this information by configuring 3CX to create the CDR files for you. In the 3CX Management Console select "Settings --> CDR". This will instruct 3CX to create a text file that contains the information you need. Personally, I prefer to configure the CDR export to create a separate file for each call, then I know exactly which calls have been processed (delete / move file after processing). I encourage you to take a look at our 3CX Exporter tool which automates putting this information into a SQL / MySQL database.

I am looking for real-time information, not information in a file.

In that case you need to use the 3CX Call Control API:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/call-control-api/

That's all the documentation we have, and as the disclaimer says, we can't provide any support related to the API. You should check the samples, and if you feel comfortable with it, you can use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.