• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to get incoming call information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalid

Reaction score
HI,
I am wondering what API can provide me incoming call information. I am looking for:
1. Extension where call is parked.
2. 3CX call Id that 3CX assign to the call.
3. Input data that caller entered before directing to specific extension.

Thanks

I'm going to need a more complete description of what you are trying to achieve to give a useful answer. If you are looking for real-time information, then take a look at the 3CX Call Control API, or perhaps the Call Flow Designer. If you don't need real-time data, you can look at how 3CX creates CDR records (Settings --> CDR).

Actually I am looking real-time information to sync 3CX call log data to in-house built application by storing call Id from 3CX data.

If you need real-time information, you have two options (1) a 3CX Phone Plugin running on your client computers or (2) a service / daemon that uses the 3CX Call Control API to monitor call events. Both options are a lot of work, but it can be done.

Is there a 3CX phone plugin available?

how can we run Call Control API to monitor call events? can you explain detail?

Check the NotificationsMonitorSample included in the documentation. That's what you need to do, handle events so you know when there is any change to a call in real time.

You will have to create a Windows Service / Linux Daemon that connects to the Call Control API. Your service will need to subscribe to various events that will notify you as a call changes its state (dialing, ringing, connected, and delete). This is a pretty messy event process especially as calls get transferred around, but all the information is there... you just need to filter through all the events to capture the data you need. The sample Ernesto mentioned is the right place to get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.