• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Center Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadragon

Reaction score
Good Day,

What are the options out there for Call Center reporting? We're looking for summary and detail reports for a single agent, to a department, to the entire company.

We're looking for info such as abandoned calls, wait times, time on hold, queue stats, agent stats, SLA failures, etc. I can't be the first to need this. :)

If you can't get what you need from the standard 3CX reports, or from the optional CDR files (3CX Management Console --> Settings --> CDR), the only option remaining for custom reports is to access the PostgreSQL database directly. However, and I need to be very clear on this point, 3CX does not support accessing the 3CX database directly. It is STRONGLY discouraged. Still, if you have no other option, the data you are looking for is in the callcent_queuecalls table within PostgreSQL.

If you choose to access the database directly, be extremely careful. Simply clicking on the table (in pgAdmin for example) will lock all the records and bad things could happen. You should NEVER, EVER, update data in this way. As self-serving as this may sound, you may want to take a look at our 3CX Exporter add-on. It's been in use for 7-8 years around the world with no known adverse affects because it uses a very carefully crafted read-only connection to PostgreSQL. Exporter will copy the data on a scheduled basis (default 60 second) to a SQL / MySQL database. From there, you can create any reports you need without impacting 3CX using whatever reporting tool you prefer.

Hello @Shadragon

I believe everything you have mentioned is available through the 3CX reporting. If you still cannot get the info you need then i would recommend taking a look at the CDR as mentioned.

Morning,

I have no intention of directly accessing the DB. The reports offered by 3CX are not as detailed as our Customer Support staff are asking for. Wait times, abandonment rate, completion ratios are not available in the Call Reports interface.

What's there works for the accounting staff for long distance reporting, but that's about it. Our Customer Support managers want granular info on individual Agents, when they log on, when they log off, calls taken, wait times, abandoned, transferred, etc. Then summaries for all Agents to set engagement expectations, shift/vacation schedules and staffing. Basically the stuff in the Wall board, broken down with detail by Agent/Dept. We have that today on our old analog phone system so I'm not reinventing the wheel, just trying to satisfy stated requirements from that department.

I can dump everything into a monstrous CSV then engage someone to spend two hours manipulating it with Excel, or I can get a report that is formatted the way I need it in seconds. Which would you choose?

Thanks.

Some of your required data could be collected by combing data from different reports. Of course this means that some manual work will be required to get the desired result.

If you have any suggestions for specific reports please feel to post your idea on https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Will do, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArjenDsnty
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.