• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved click to call chrome browser extension not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn

Free User
Reaction score
is anyone aware of a reason the click to call chrome browser extension would not work?

i installed it, it shows to be installed and configured properly. when i hover over a number, it has a fly out that denotes 3cx click to call, but when i click on the number, nothing happens.

i've tried using both the windows client and the web client option, both resulting in the same behavior.

any ideas?

we're on 15.5. i think this is an issue with chrome or perhaps my pc. i tried it on another computer and it worked as expected.

i uninstalled chrome on my pc, reinstalled and it actually worked with the default set as webclient. when i changed it to client for windows, it did not work, i changed it back to web client and it stopped working also. uninstalled and reinstalled chrome again and now neither are working, same as it was before.

so it sounds like an issue on my side, but i'm not sure what it could be which is why i posted this to see if anyone else has experience this before.

Hello @Shawn

When you installed the app for the first time did you get the chrome popup to allow the plugin to send the number to the client?
What version of chrome are you running?
Also have you tried the Firefox click to call extension? Does that work for you?

chrome (66.0.3359.181 64bit) : after i uninstalled and reinstalled, i did get that prompt once but have not seen it since and i have uninstalled and reinstalled a few more times. i am on the latest version of chrome.

firefox (47.0.2): i was on an older version and now i am on the latest version and on both versions when i tried to install the addon, i get the following message: "the addon download from this site could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt"

neither is working.

That is strange as i tried both browsers and did not had any issues installing and using the addons.
And since it works on other pc's on your end as well i think the issue is with the particular machine.
What windows version are you running?

Windows 7-64 bit SP1
I'm certain it is something with this machine also. But, I'm not sure what to address since everything seems to be working fine other than the click to call. The add-on shows to be active on the top right hand side of the browser and when I hover over phone numbers, it does say to click to call, but nothing happens on the click.

I think the problem is what you mentioned with "chrome popup to allow the plugin to send the number to the client? ". I don't get this anymore so something is blocking the click action from sending the number to the client. Is there a way to manually select or force this?

I think the problem is what you mentioned with "chrome popup to allow the plugin to send the number to the client? ". I don't get this anymore so something is blocking the click action from sending the number to the client. Is there a way to manually select or force this?

The popup will only appear the first time if you selected the action to be performed with the 3CX client by default so that could be the reason it is not appearing.
The plugin has an option to choose whether the call will be sent to the 3CX phone for windows or the Web client.
I am assuming the the default setting is the 3CX phone for windows. If you switch that to the web client and you open the web client does that work?

Also check the file type association on your PC. On my PC the client is associated with the TEL and the CALLTO protocol.

webclient works fine. i selected 3cx as the default program for tel and callto and that did trick.
YiannisH_3CX, thanks for sticking to it and finding the resolution.

Shawn

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantinium
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.